Track Key clarification

Loosescrews

Established Member
First off Hello, this is my first post but long time troll. I'm currently on the hunt for a Boss and have missed two great deals by just days. I've found another at MSRP and if for some reason I do not get it I will let you all know where to find it.

One question to finally clarify the track key for me. One of the dealers that I was speaking with (Family Ford Marietta, OH) stated that once I purchased their Boss they would take the car back in the garage and download the track key tune. If they were able to do so why do many others not have their track key and why do many keep saying that it even isn't out yet??? Hopefully someone on here can give a straight answer.

:beer:

908ssp

Established Member
I read that they would be charging an additional $300 for the track key and download.

Loosescrews

Established Member
:shrug: So what the hell was that dealership talking about when they told me that they would download the Track Key tune if I purchased the car?

svteezy

Established Member
Yep my dad went today to the dealership and they told him it will be ready by the end of late summer and they told him they weren't going to charge the 300 dollars. They also said there will be waivers to sign.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
the Red key is actually programmed identical to the gray guy when you buy the car. Red key will be reprogrammed once you pay the fee and the software download is released by Ford

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
the Red key is actually programmed identical to the gray guy when you buy the car. Red key will be reprogrammed once you pay the fee and the software download is released by Ford

The good news is this will be released when it is snowing in all 57 states on the same day..... Right Mr. President!

Mike

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I just picked up a new Boss today and they uploaded a new calibration to the PCM. Unfortunatley it wasn't the Trackey calibration. One of the salesmen I was chatting with said the the Trackey calibration was included (as in no charge for calibration) with the car but we all know how salesmen are. I'm looking forward to it's release.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
for the 300$ their charging why not just get a tune? that is most likely better anyways.

A warranty for one thing. The vast and passionate pool of engineers at Ford that actually designed the engine/tuning vs a much smaller group at a tuning shop for another. It won't be hard to race 'em head to head when the Trackey is out and find out for sure.

After my warranty runs out everything will be re-evaluated. By then the market will sort out the best tunes. I have an OBD-II connector for my laptop for AE and I think that will eventually be a conduit to get tunes loaded over the internet. The Powerstroke crowd is doing essentially that but with 16 tunes that are about $50/ea and switchable on the fly. Pass smog tune, drivethrough tune, ludicrous tune... Taking the key out to change the program is a bit archaic at this point, since we're living in the future. :??:

Users who are viewing this thread