track fri night

whitevenom99

Established Member
Went to the track friday night. Had a new best but still room for improvement. Ran a 8.438 @ 85.717 with a 1.930 60' Need more practice. I also need to get a different shifter. I have the long hurst in mine which is good for the stret but sucks for the track. What do you guys recommend?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
whitevenom99 said:
Went to the track friday night. Had a new best but still room for improvement. Ran a 8.438 @ 85.717 with a 1.930 60' Need more practice. I also need to get a different shifter. I have the long hurst in mine which is good for the stret but sucks for the track. What do you guys recommend?

Which model hurst do you have? What mods do you have done to your car?

whitevenom99

Established Member
I have the long one can't rember the model number. I have a built engine with forged internals. Ported heads, comp cams, springs. Mac longtubes, prochamber and catback, accufab throttle body, steeda underdrives and a JLT. I also have a built solid axle with 4:10's

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
ported heads, cams, longtubes, exhaust, cai, pullies etc etc...and you're only trapping 85?? do you not have it tuned? sounds low...i have cai, exhaust (no headers), solid, and tune and i'm trapping more than that...

btw pick up and mgw shifter you won't be disappointed...

whitevenom99

Established Member
Engine is built for boost. I am only makin 336 and right now it isw running rich as hell and needs rings. The mass air meter crapped itself. I can start it without the intake on.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
whitevenom99 said:
Engine is built for boost. I am only makin 336 and right now it isw running rich as hell and needs rings. The mass air meter crapped itself. I can start it without the intake on.

well if it is running w/out the maf i'm surprised you even trapped 85...no maf = computer in safe mode...almost no timing and rich as hell...

Users who are viewing this thread