Track day at Daytona.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Took the black '13 GT500 to the Flatout Motorsports Daytona event yesterday. This was held on the full Rolex 24-hour, 3.56 mile course. I ran five 30-minute sessions. I pitted about 10-minutes early on the fourth session due to low fuel (but ran the entire other four sessions). I figured 1/2 tank was good for the session, but coming off the banking on the front straight the car 'hiccupped' and was showing ~25-miles to empty, so it was probably fuel starved due to the lateral g's.
Lap times were in the 2:22 range and we were hitting mid-150's on the front straight. Vmax on the Performance Box on last session was 157.4 mph. We'll go faster next time out. ;-)
The car is still bone stock on stock tires. On Wednesday, we changed and flushed the brake fluid using Motul RBF600. It is still on stock brake pads. During the entire day, there was not one issue of brake fade, runout, overheating or anything. The car didn't miss a beat the entire day, which was over 200 miles of hard driving. I drove it ~50 miles back home with the AC and stereo blasting.
daytona2t.jpg

daytona3.jpg

[youtube_browser]X-y6bz1nxMs[/youtube_browser]

There are a few more GoPro videos, one with the camera facing behind the car and another from the top center of the windshield. I'll probably upload later today.
I'd like to run at Roebling in May, but will be at Bondurant that week coming home just a day or two prior, so probably won't be able to make it.
S.

Van@RevanRacing

Looks like you had a great time. Wish I could have made it up for the event. Welcome to the sickness! Nothing quite compares to open tracking these cars especially at Daytona.

V-

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Awesome job Sean. I can't wait to hit the open track again :rockon:

p.s. says video is private

ekyub

Established Member
On Wednesday, we changed and flushed the brake fluid using Motul RBF600. It is still on stock brake pads. During the entire day, there was not one issue of brake fade, runout, overheating or anything.

Sounds like a blast. Have you tracked the car with the stock brake fluid? Just curious to see if the fade issues from Motor Trend's Best Drivers Car event was remedied with just fluid. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread