Track day at Daytona

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Big thanks to Van at Revan Racing!!!! Man what a weekend. I've never driven on a road course and got to spend the weekend at Daytona with the Audi Club of Ohio/NA.

The Boss did realy well...I'm hooked. I've been drag racing for 30 years and never I mean never had as much fun as I had this weekend. Got to do 8 30 minute session on Daytona..the Rolex course. Hit a top speed of 161.7 on the main stretch!!!

441D10F1-3CD0-4129-89AE-1894DF7E4488-13093-000005CC659A8550.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Big thanks to Van at Revan Racing!!!! Man what a weekend. I've never driven on a road course and got to spend the weekend at Daytona with the Audi Club of Ohio/NA.

The Boss did realy well...I'm hooked. I've been drag racing for 30 years and never I mean never had as much fun as I had this weekend. Got to do 8 30 minute session on Daytona..the Rolex course. Hit a top speed of 161.7 on the main stretch!!!

441D10F1-3CD0-4129-89AE-1894DF7E4488-13093-000005CC659A8550.jpg

Car looks great man!! Yup every die hard drag racer will back up drag racing until they are blue in the face.. But all it takes is 1 outing on a road course and they forget about that straight line stuff hahahaha. :beer:

Grant808

Established Member
Welcome to the club. I'm another 'converted' drag racer. I need to get rid of my 2 valve auto...so I can get a S197 to gut for 100% track duty.

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Nice; I watched your video. Exciting. How was it on the bank of Daytona?

PWhite looks great on the track.

The car stuck like glue up there, but the banking was a little scary. to me..Kinda weird..But a lot of fun. If you have the stones to hold it wide open it will run. I was usually around 90% throttle...till the banking went away then I stood on it until the start finish.

Last edited:

Boss949

Established Member
The car stuck like glue up there, but the banking was a little scary. to me..Kinda weird..But a lot of fun. If you have the stones to hold it wide open it will run. I was usually around 90% throttle...till the banking went away then I stood on it until the start finish.

Easier to have the "stones' when it's not your own car!!!

Roadhouse

Established Member
161 is hauling! Car looks right at home on the track. There is nothing quite like ripping it up on a road course.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Bull... Glad you are enjoying the Boss as much as I!! I need to get out there with you soon..

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
wait....your first track day ever was at daytona? holy crap. ive been doing this for 5 years now and daytona is on my schedule for the first time next year....and i am nervous.
congrates....so.....8 30 minute sessions. thats 4 hours of track time. how does that compare to a weekend of drag racing? :)

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
wait....your first track day ever was at daytona? holy crap. ive been doing this for 5 years now and daytona is on my schedule for the first time next year....and i am nervous.
congrates....so.....8 30 minute sessions. thats 4 hours of track time. how does that compare to a weekend of drag racing? :)

I've been drag racing for almost 30 years and I think one weekend at Daytona was more seat time then I've had in all my drag racing time and I've raced A LOT!!!

After Daytona...Drag Racing SUCKS!

Users who are viewing this thread