Track day at Blackhawk Farms, May 5, 2005

LugnutM3

Established Member
Come out and drive your car the way it was meant to be driven. Test your limits and your car in the safe, controlled environment of a race track and acquire skills that will provide safer vehicle operation in all driving situations.

We call it 'Driver Education' - it's probably the most fun you will have with your car. Heck, it might be the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Our Driver Education events are casual and first-timers are welcomed! You will only go as fast as you are comfortable with.

Each run group will get plenty of track time! Each group will get four 20-minute sessions, run approximately on the half-hour. There are also two 20-minute instructor sessions, and we would encourage you to ride along with an instructor and pick up a few new tricks, regardless of your skill level!

The cost is $160 for this single-day event.

Event details at http://www.performancedrivingexperience.com/!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Maybe my car will be a little more Blackhawk friendly with the coil-over suspension? I'll have to give it another shot sometime this year? I can't make the 5th unfortunately. August 12th might be a possibility with the Badger Bimmers? That is unless I want to go to Road Atlanta for the NASA event? Wait a minute, August in GA, nah, I think I'll pass!!!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
Do you know of any other planned track days for BFR? Not my favorite track, but since it's practically in my backyard...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
tgentry said:
Do you know of any other planned track days for BFR? Not my favorite track, but since it's practically in my backyard...

The Badger Bimmers run there Friday June 24th and Friday August 12th. I will be there for the event on the 12th.

I'm just not into the track that much either but I'm going to take my car with good tires and brakes (for the first time) and give it one last chance. All of my previous times there have been with MC :bash: on street tires and crappy brake pads for their one lap at a time circus. :rollseyes

LugnutM3

Established Member
I love Blackhawk. I don't know what it is, I just think it's a good fun track. Sure it's flat but I still think it's fun.
PCA Chicago is running a bunch of events there. I think they are running one next Friday.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
LugnutM3 said:
I love Blackhawk. I don't know what it is, I just think it's a good fun track. Sure it's flat but I still think it's fun.
PCA Chicago is running a bunch of events there. I think they are running one next Friday.

Yeah, I can see why! It's a perfect track for an M3, a Miata, or a Elise. A Mustang is a heavy car and suited to longer and wider tracks like Road America, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen or VIR!

tgentry

Got Boost?
Established Member
I haven't run there since I quit running my F-Mod Triumph TR-6. There also used to be some trees in inappropriate spots and a big drop off the track in some places. I hear they've addressed those issues, so maybe it's time to take the Cobra out there.

ddl6289

Established Member
Bruce, Anita and I will be there

ac427cobra said:
You can rest assured I WILL be trying!!! This Cobra's got some bite now!!! :burnout:

Count in one more Cobra for 8/12. Wanna ride with me again, Bruce :p, JK. Anita and I were at Blackhawk last Friday, 6/10, with Chicago PCA. We ran in the advanced group. Boy, some of those Porsche race cars are fast!! It was ungodly hot. I was consistently running 1:25, with a couple 1:24s and a single 1:23 (in the first (i.e. coolest) session)).

Anita and I will be at Blackhawk with Badger Bimmers on 6/24 also.

ddl6289

Established Member
They have instructors for the novice and intermediate groups

LugnutM3 said:
Badger doesn't make you run with an instructor, do they?

Depending on your level of experience you'll be placed into a group. Novice and intermediate groups have instructors.

If you have questions, go to their website badgerbimmers.org and/or contact Darcy Yench

Users who are viewing this thread