TR6060 in Terminator?

hammerhead2

Established Member
Does anyone know for sure if a TR6060 would swap right in to a Terminator or not. I have a personal friend who is converting his GT500 to an Auto and offered me his trans for a smoking deal. I just cant really find any good info on anyone having done this swap over.

hammerhead2

Established Member
I know the shifter placement is a little different than the T56 but I was not sure how much. And I know the TR6060 is hyd. but I believe someone makes a hyd. conversion kit for our cars?

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
there is def a way to make it work no doubt.... if you can put a t-56 in a fox btw i wish you were closer so i could get the t-56 :)

but all a hydraulic kit requires is a mounted hydraulic fluid container and a new throwout bearing

look at the McLeod conversion kit it may be the same thing that kit provides just stock gt500 parts

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
btw my dad has one and those hydraulic clutches are AMAZING i feel like im driving a dump truck clutch when i get back in the cobra

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
if you go into the market section there is a guy selling a trans in the terminator parts section from a gt500 and i believe he had a terminator maybe message him and see if it came out of a termi

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
i think he just wants an all around better trans the t-56 tends to be noisy and notchy and those transmissions from the gt500 are awesome imo

SlowSVT

Established Member
i think he just wants an all around better trans the t-56 tends to be noisy and notchy and those transmissions from the gt500 are awesome imo

Understandable but he can upgrade the T56 to smooth the shifting action which is likely to be much cheaper. Not sure what was meant by "noisy". Never noticed mine :shrug:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
they tend to blow bearings all day long squeak machines , im re doing mine now but he said he would be getting one very cheap
a clutch install on a t-56 with a new flywheel clutch input shaft is about 1k dollars if he gets the trans for like 1500 cause he says cheap, he would be getting a hydraulic unit which is far better for street use and an all around better trans i think its cool id like to see if one would work on a fox !

SlowSVT

Established Member
they tend to blow bearings all day long squeak machines , im re doing mine now but he said he would be getting one very cheap
a clutch install on a t-56 with a new flywheel clutch input shaft is about 1k dollars if he gets the trans for like 1500 cause he says cheap, he would be getting a hydraulic unit which is far better for street use and an all around better trans i think its cool id like to see if one would work on a fox !

:dw:

"blowing bearings all day long". Almost every T56 failure can be traced to an owner who either: doesn't know how to shift or: is abusing their transmission. One guy posted a pic of his T56 output shaft that snapped after he made over 400 9 second passes on it. That is pretty impressive. A Muncie M22 would crumble under the load a T56 will brush off which is about 700 ft lb with a fine spline input shaft. The only thing a hydraulic actuator will do for him is empty his bank account faster.

If it is a straight "bolt-on" affair I would say the 6060 would be a good choice. Something tells me there is more to it then that and all that will buy him are smoother shifts.

mustangmike1

Established Member
I am pretty sure it requires more tunnel clearance. I know when using them in classic mustangs it requires the tunnel to be raised 2.5 inches and with a t56 it only required 1. I know in my 03 it is tight on the top of my t56 to the tunnel so from what i have read and seen I don't think it will clear. But I could be wrong.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread