tr 3650 Shifter bushing

randyp97svt

Established Member
I just put a 3650 in my 97, and am having trouble finding the bushing that snaps on the bottom end of the shifter ball. I have been to 3 ford dealers in town and they keep trying to sell me one from a T-45. It does have a Tri-ax, I talked to Steeda and they told me it is a ford supplied part. does anyone know? I might just make one on the lathe if I have no luck. BTW, it's out of a late 99 cobra, when they changed over from the T-45. The Number of the tranny is a TR-3650-3 TCET1789

Last edited:

randyp97svt

Established Member
Made my own on a lathe, ford could not find it in their "system". The bushing is just under an 1" in Diameter, about 1-1/2" long with .625 (5/8") I.D. at the bottom has a 5/8" radius done with a ball mill. The one I made works great! But it still is bugging me that Three Ford dealers cannot find this part and keep trying to sell me one for a T-45. I know someone has had to replace theirs on here at one time. Is there maybe a model of the 3650 that is different? I did notice when I pulled the trans apart at the tail shaft it had a steel shift fork instead of aluminum. Is that an indication or standard? I have read some threads about the 3650 bending shift forks because they are aluminum. I don't know? If anyone has a ford part number I would like to take that to ford to show them the part that is not in their "System". The other rant I have is that at the one Dealer the sales guy could hardly speek english. I am not against any race or anything, but if you are going to be put in a position dealing with the public/ cutomer service, please make an effort to learn English.

Last edited:

randyp97svt

Established Member
Well I found out the deal, It couldn't stop bugging me. I talked to the guys at SVT they gave TREMEC's (TTC) # and I talked to guy named Jeff Chytil. What he told me was that Ford did not buy the bushing's from them (they didn't need spares) so you have to go to TREMEC directly. Jeff had about 25 of them on his shelf and sent me one no charge. He said when they do a rebuild they change everything out including the bushing so they are technically used and cannot sell them. The one he sent me looks brand new. Great guy to deal with, his number is 800-401-9866 he even sent a packet with info and complete spec sheets on the T-56, T-5, 3650 and the TKO's along with some of toolbox stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread