tr-3650 questions

Marvin97

Established Member
I have an 01 cobra motor in my 97, along with the 3650. My speedometer doesn't work since I did the swap. Is there any way to make it work? Its not the gear in the cluster, it always worked fine before the swap and never has worked since. I was told it wouldn't work because the signal is different from the t-45 and the 3650. Any help?

F8L BYT

Established Member
3650 came in cars that have an electronic speedo, our cars work off of a mechanical speedo that is in the trans, Thats why its not working for you.

harvboi05

Established Member
pro-motion sells their 3650s with options for either, maybe give am a call and see what they say.

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
3650 came in cars that have an electronic speedo, our cars work off of a mechanical speedo that is in the trans, Thats why its not working for you.

my 96 cobra has a electronic speedo.. no cable.. the 94/95 might still have the old cable drive....

harvboi05

Established Member
i thought it wasnt until 99 that you could use a tuner to calibrate your speedo if you got different gears or etc.

i know when the 3.73s were put in my car a new speedo gear was installed as well.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
my 96 cobra has a electronic speedo.. no cable.. the 94/95 might still have the old cable drive....

do you have the stock t45? my 96 has a speedo cable/not electronic. I know I do because I've changed rearend gears a couple times and changed out the speedo gear in the trans along with it.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
do you have the stock t45? my 96 has a speedo cable/not electronic. I know I do because I've changed rearend gears a couple times and changed out the speedo gear in the trans along with it.

The speedo sensor is mechanically driven on the 94 up to 98? cars. Which is then transfered into an electrical signal. (VSS= vehicle speed sensor).

So one can either change the speedo gear to compensate for the rear end gear change or get something like Speed-Cal from Dallas Mustang.

The 99 up cars use a electric/magnetic speed sensor, rather than the sensor being gear driven.

Users who are viewing this thread