Tr-3650 Problems

Red Shadow

Established Member
OK, a while back in September, my tranny started acting up. Turns out the 3rd gear synchro was completely screwed up. I took it in, and had all new synchros put in. There was an update to the synchros to the 3650 tranny and I couldn't just have one replaced, they all were. since then I have had my clutch replaced as well. I am now having major issues with my 2, 4, and R. 2 and 4 are kinda sticky getting in and releasing. The clutch either releases too hard or too soft on them. R is a complete issue and confusion for me on itself. I will be a parking space or my driveway and when I try to go in R, It acts like the 5th safety lock is stuck. If you don't know what that is, it shuts the gate to R when you enter 5th gear so you don't accidently slam the car into R. I will let go of the shifter, try a couple of other gears, and try R again.....no luck. After I pumped the clutch a few times, it will let me go into R but it grinds like the clutch isn't in, and I'm mashing to the floor. I also find that if I am letting the clutch out slowly, that it will let it go in, but still grinds. Anyone have something similar or know what this is?

edit----oh yeah, everything is FMS products. except the shifter which is a Tri-Ax

Last edited:

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
does the shifet have set screws that are not adjusted correctly? if so, fix that and see what happens. if not, take it back to ford and tell them the problems, cause it sounds like synchros again.

Users who are viewing this thread