Tps Sensor Help!!!!!

40thannstang

GOT TORQUE?
Established Member
my gt has had the check engine light on for a while now. and i thought it was because of my exhaust . i have catless xpipe and mac catback. i bought mills and extensions and the light still went on.!! so i decided to take take it to a shop so they can check the computer. the computer said that everything was ok EXCEPT THE TPS SENSOR(THROTTLE BODY POSITION SENSOR.) i installed a 75 mm throttle body and upper plenum. i asked the guy do i have to buy a new TPS sensor ?? or do i need to adjust it?? he said he dont know?? but he will check it for 80 $ !!!!. so me and my friend decided to check it ourselves since we were the onces that installed the throttlebody and plenum. we noticed that the sensor would get stuck every time we rotated it. is that what its suppose to do??? do i need a new TPS sensor?? if i do install a new one will my check engine light come off??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IT!!!!!!! I NEED TO GET THIS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT OFF SO I CAN GET MY INSPECTION STICKER. AND ALSO FOR MY STANG TO RUN MUCH BETTER!!!!!

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
I had a TPS sensor get stuck like that. Never got a check engine light but the car would bog really badly and run terrible. I simply replaced it and havent had any problems since.

Users who are viewing this thread