TPS and dashpot

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know the car is in dashpot mode over 3mph, if TPS voltage is 1.0 or over it also goes into dasphot correct?

I adjusted the tps with the car off and it was .93, car on it was 1.06-1.11, turn it back off and its still .93. Do I need to adjust it so its under 1.0 with it running as well?

It has some mild cams in it, not sure if thats got anything to do with the change from key forward to engine on

01yellercobra

Established Member
The dashpot should only come into play when you're decelerating. As for the speed when it changes that would depend on what your tuner set it too. I have no idea about the voltage difference between KOEO and KEOR. I've only set and checked it with KOEO.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I found an sct tuner forum to dig around in tonight but from a few threads different places it appears that tps voltage can have something to do with it as well, not just vehicle speed. I'm quite sure the dashpot settings are wrong but Im wondering if its getting "stuck" in dashpot mode due to the tps voltage

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
being a pain in my ass!

its got an accufab TB on it which may or may not be part of the problem.

let off the gas, the rpms hang until you bump the throttle (happens stone cold or warm, doesnt appear to be mechanical, happens at different rpms). If youre going down the street at say 15mph, you can let off the gas and itll pretty much continue along at that speed like its on cruise control.

While screwing around with the TPS last night I actually stopped at a stop sign and just sat there, it stayed at 2000rpm and started to slowy climb after a minute...bumped the the throttle and it came back down.

Once in a great while it will stall when stopped at a light. You can be completely stopped, foot off clutch just holding the brakes for a minute or two and it stalls out (usually notice a little rpm flucuation first but the rpms move a little at idle anyway). When it does this you usually have to bump the gas pedal after starting it or it stalls back out

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you have a stock TB you can try? I've heard enough bad things about aftermarket TB's for our cars to stay away from them.

Users who are viewing this thread