TPMS sensors

Robot_trainer

Established Member
I'm getting ready to install my new wheels and was wondering about the TPMS sensors. I bought two new ones from Tasca (they had three left) figuring I would just re-use two of the old ones. After re-thinking this since they are almost 7 years old, I figured it might be best to get another two.

Up here in Canada, no one has any. Take at least a week to get them. No one even has replacement stems, and even if they did believe it or not they cost more than the whole damn sensor assembly (what a scam!)

The only thing that I could find that is even close to the OEM ones is Blue Streak TPM260s. My question is will I need to train these (both the OEM and aftermarket ones) with a training tool or will it just learn itself? I want to do this on Thursday so if I need the tool I need to order it now.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
I just put new TPMS on new Shelby wheels. You need the tool to pair them to your car. I have a 2012.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Did you check with Parkway Ford? I know the parts manager there. If the Ford warehouse has stock your closest dealer should be able to order them or maybe Parkway Ford might have stock.

Give them a shot and if you get your wheels are tires done at a tire store can they not activate the sensors for you??

I have the tool that can do GM and Ford TPMS, if nothing pans out I could probably help you out on the weekend, PM me.

Tony

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Did you check with Parkway Ford? I know the parts manager there. If the Ford warehouse has stock your closest dealer should be able to order them or maybe Parkway Ford might have stock.

Give them a shot and if you get your wheels are tires done at a tire store can they not activate the sensors for you??

I have the tool that can do GM and Ford TPMS, if nothing pans out I could probably help you out on the weekend, PM me.

Tony
thanks man! I had the ford dealer checked around. there is stock in Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan. Next best is Memphis. I ordered the tool from amazon. Im bringing the wheels in loose. Not sure if the wheel guy can program them. id have to bring the car to them. we'll see how it goes. if it comes down to it I'll take you up on your offer.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
thanks man! I had the ford dealer checked around. there is stock in Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan. Next best is Memphis. I ordered the tool from amazon. Im bringing the wheels in loose. Not sure if the wheel guy can program them. id have to bring the car to them. we'll see how it goes. if it comes down to it I'll take you up on your offer.

If you have the tool, it is super easy to do. Just put your tires on the car and follow the directions:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robot_trainer

Established Member
after much research, it turns out that Blue Streak P/N TPM260 are exactly the same as the oem sensors and 40 dollars cheaper. They even say fomoco on them and made in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread