TPMS in PVC tube on a 2013 or 2014

BrianH87

Established Member
I don't know about a mustang, but it didn't work in an evo. Something about the rotational energy that is required to actually power them or something like that.

scott_0

Established Member
Ive heard it does not work, any reason you dont actually want them on the wheel and actually monitoring? I mean most people think theyre pointless, but theyre really a good thing

califsp

Established Member
I bought the car used. The wheels are expensive forged and staggered with nice nittos. No sensors. I don't want to mess them up.

scott_0

Established Member
fair enough man, as said, I dont believe it will work from all Ive read on the subject

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
I don't see any reason why it won't work... I'm running Weld's now with no sensors and after about 25 miles the light would come on. once i parked the car back in the garage where my stock wheels were laying I could restart the car and the light would be off. I since sold the stock wheels and the light comes on instantly now. The car could obviously pick up on the sensors being near by so by having the sensors in a pressurized PVC tube should work as well. It's definately worth a try...

califsp

Established Member
That's exactly my thinking. Info on the sensors is hard to come by. People say they "sleep." But you just showed that they transmit sitting in your garage.

cold12pk

Established Member
It works on my 2012 until traveling ~20 miles and then I get the sensor failure warning and light. I think they do go into a "sleep" mode to extend battery life. I used a cheapo tubeless tire from Harbor Freight...just break the bead, slip the sensors in, air it up and stick it in the trunk. Works ok for my driving habits but if you routinely travel >20 miles between key cycles its probably not worth it.

Riptide

Established Member
I just bought one of those canisters. Probably going to sit and collect dust for a while unfortunately so I won't be able to report back on whether it works well on my 2014 car or not. Sorry guys. Gotta wait until I run through the stock pirellis and in 8 months I've put 3000 miles on the car so do the math.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
you just have to be sure to activate your new sensors, there is a cheap ford trigger tool to activate. Then you should be good. Just pony up and pay the 150 bucks and get sensors in the wheels. Less hassle and no pvc tube flying around in the trunk...LOL

Users who are viewing this thread