TPMS in a tube, myth or reality ?

elerico

put the 4 TPMS in a sealed PVC pipe to avoid the yellow tpms light.

does it work or its only a myth and the light will came on ?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Even when pressurized it will not work. The sensors are activated when the wheels spin and when they are stationary they go to sleep to preserve battery life. TPMS is a pain especially when you have multiple sets of wheels. The only way to avoid the annoying yellow light is to run TPMS sensors in all of your wheels.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I guess you will just need to try it out and see. I have looked into doing this also, but from the info I gathered on the interweb said it wouldn't work. I have an aftermarket set of wheels and tires and decided to by American Hustle TPMS sensors. Big mistake, they don't work, I synced them with the TPMS syncing tool, and they sync, but after driving about 50 miles I get a malfunction code. Really ticking me off as TPMS is unnecessary as it is.

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I feel , that if you need some darn light to tell you , your tire is low or flat .....
You have no business on the road to begin with .

Zemedici

Established Member
So why not just put sensors in the wheels / tires? It's always easier / cheaper to just spend the money and do it right the first time. Vs spend twice or three times as much trying to get AROUND the issue, ya know?

califsp

Established Member
Absolute myth. Several have tried over the past couple of years, including me. It does not work. There is very little information on how the sensors and the system work. Lots of unsubstantiated opinions makes it more difficult. I say let it go. That's what I finally did.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Throw them in a battery powered centrifuge and program for the pressure of the sealed unit, problem solved. I mean since you're looking for the most complicated way to get around just putting them in your damn tires

Zemedici

Established Member
Throw them in a battery powered centrifuge and program for the pressure of the sealed unit, problem solved. I mean since you're looking for the most complicated way to get around just putting them in your damn tires

Thank you. Just get them bitches to Outer space, should help.

Or spend the $40 it takes to put those sensors in your tires, and do it the correct way.....hell probably cheaper than ****ing with PCV tubes / pressurizing it (however the shit someone does that)

Users who are viewing this thread