TPMS for Alcoas

aksvt

Established Member
I need to pick up some tpms sensors to install in my Alcoas and after searching for a while it looks like I need 2012 rubber stem style and not the 13/14 metal stem style sensors. Can anyone confirm this is the right kit I need to buy to fit correctly in my Alcoas?
2010-2013 MUSTANG 2010-2012 GT500 TPMS SENSORS AND ACTIVATION TOOL KIT -- M-1180-A

I want to get the ford parts even if there a little more expensive then the aftermarket ones offered by AM. I have a set of the original SS wheels (not the 50 year) widened and ready to go on my 13', just need the correct sensors that fit the wheel.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Check with AutoNation Ford, the last set I bought were $140 plus shipping. That was in Oct 2012, so the price has probably increased but I think it will be cheaper than the price you found. P/N TPMSKIT

800-328-9552

M-1180-A
TPMS Sensors and Activation tool kit
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

TPMSKIT_TousleyFordSml.gif

TPMS-19ResetTool1.gif

TPMS.gif

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

I need to pick up some tpms sensors to install in my Alcoas and after searching for a while it looks like I need 2012 rubber stem style and not the 13/14 metal stem style sensors. Can anyone confirm this is the right kit I need to buy to fit correctly in my Alcoas?
2010-2013 MUSTANG 2010-2012 GT500 TPMS SENSORS AND ACTIVATION TOOL KIT -- M-1180-A

I want to get the ford parts even if there a little more expensive then the aftermarket ones offered by AM. I have a set of the original SS wheels (not the 50 year) widened and ready to go on my 13', just need the correct sensors that fit the wheel.

Yes, these work. I used them on my Alcoa's.

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Any concerns with using the older rubber stem? I believe I read they have a much lower speed rating than the 2013-14 design. Not that I'm out doing 180 on the weekends.

Thanks!

Last edited:

aksvt

Established Member
Thanks guys for the conformation and the advice where to get them cheaper. I will try AutoNation Ford (there website says formally Tousley Ford) and get a price. I think Tasca Ford is still Tasca looking at there website.

13RaceRedShelby- The rubber stems are good for 155 and that will work for me. I would rather have a metal valve stem but the 13/14 sensors won't fit the Alcoa wheel properly and can come apart inside the wheel from what others have found out, plus there a lot more $$$$$$$. I could use an aftermarket metal stem sensor that AM sells but some folks have had troubles with them and others they have worked fine for.

Last edited:

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Odd that the 13-14 version won't fit. Kinda worries me bc I'm about to order some for a custom built wheel. No idea which will fit now lol. I figured they were both the same size and the 13-14 was just a different material. Crap! Lol

Are the Alcoa's just a weird size?

Thanks by the way!

aksvt

Established Member
Odd that the 13-14 version won't fit. Kinda worries me bc I'm about to order some for a custom built wheel. No idea which will fit now lol. I figured they were both the same size and the 13-14 was just a different material. Crap! Lol

Are the Alcoa's just a weird size?

Thanks by the way!

Honestly, I'm not sure why they won't fit correctly. I haven't tried to bolt them up as my stock sensors are still inside the oem wheels. Other members here have tried and say they don't fit correctly so then they come loose and fall apart.
Maybe someone that has tried will chime in.

Established Member
but the 13/14 sensors won't fit the Alcoa wheel properly and can come apart inside the wheel from what others have found out, plus there a lot more $$$$$$$. I could use an aftermarket metal stem sensor that AM sells but some folks have had troubles with them and others they have worked fine for.

Do you remember where you read this? I need to find out what my options are.

aksvt

Established Member
Do you remember where you read this? I need to find out what my options are.
I have read it here in a few different threads, also on other forums.
Here is on thread that starts talking about it around post 11
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/894217-alcoa-super-snake-wheels.html

Options for Alcoa's on 13/14
#1-Use 2012 sensors with the rubber stems
#2-Buy these aftermarket sensors (Although some people have had problems getting them to sync, others have not) Mustang TPMS Full Mounting/Balancing Kit - 10-14 (4 Wheels) (10-14 All) - Free Shipping

Users who are viewing this thread