Toyota Tundras are having engine failures!

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
That sucks. They've had a bunch of recalls in the last few years. Still looks like a nice truck though. I think I'll stick with my F-150.

aaandht

Established Member
It looks ass ugly. Knew it was only a matter of time before something major shook loose.

50 Proof

Established Member
wow this is the second recall Toyota has had to issue for engine replacements on their cars/trucks. This has got to be getting expensive for them. Being Number 1 isn't easy is it? May now people will stop flaming Ford and GM for quality control issues after they see how the new number 1 auto manufacture keeps ****ing up.

Juruense

Banned
I am very relieved by this news because like it or not the Tundra is stiff competition for the truck market.

myersusaf

Go Hawks!
Established Member
I still like the new tundra. I plan on getting one at the end of the year or an 08' model once these things are worked out. Also you have to remember bad news travels twice as fast as good news. 99.7% of the 5.7L tundras have been fine. i'll take that.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Euphoric One said:
Heavy Duty Work Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado
Elegant Passenger Trucks: Ford F150
i think you have those reversed. the superduties own in any work truck situation, and silverados are deffinately the more car-like of the big 3 pickups(ground clearance is laughable to say the least). dodge has the cummins, cheby has the allison, ford has the total package!

Whizzle

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
i think you have those reversed. the superduties own in any work truck situation

Yep, Go 6.0 Superduties:loser:

Anything with a Cummins will always "own"

Euphoric One said:
"Sporty" Pick-ups: Dodge Ram
Heavy Duty Work Trucks: Chevrolet Silverado
Elegant Passenger Trucks: Ford F150

Gay: All others

Elegant:lol:

crazyj0n

Established Member
I heard those trucks arent all what they are supposed to be
- the commercial decieves you such as
'the trailer having brakes of its own?'
and ' the trailer was completely empty ? '
were there other ones?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
like someone else said, bad news travels twice as fast as good news. the vast majority/major problems with the 6.0 were restricted to MY 03/early 04. after that, they were great engines. go ask any non-biased truck forum(well, you may not want to ask that in the cheby, dodge, or 7.3 forums). the problems have been vastly overblown as expected when such a thing happens in such a competitive market with such brand loyal people. now i am just hoping the same will happen to this issue with the new tundras, they will get a reputation for blowing engines due to a small quantity of the early ones having issues.

and the cummins may be the best engine out their but, in my opinion, it is also in the worst truck available. every dodge HD i have been in has been horrible compared to other cheby/ford HDs. and the vast majority of truck to truck(to truck) reviews put the superduties on top. its the complete package that matters, not a few components of the package.

Users who are viewing this thread