Toyo R888's on the way.

aksvt

Established Member
I have had my original run Alcoa's boxed up for a while now, my 9's were widened to 11 3/4" in the fall and by the time i got them back it was time for winter storage. Gave me a bunch of time to research and decide what tire i wanted to run and decided on the R888. Going to run the 315/30 on the rear and the 285/35's up front, cant wait to play with the added traction this summer. I dont dd mine so not worried about the tread life although others seem to get better life from them than expected. I tried to get a TPMS kit form Tousley for the Alcoas but there were out of kits for a few weeks so i bought a set of the AM aftermarket sensors hoping they sync up without too much trouble. Now i just need to get with Van to get some bmr stuff to center things up. Excited to get this out in the spring, May still seems so far away :(

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
That's the exact setup I have all but my fronts are 275/35. Everything else is identical. You'll love the traction! BTW, my Toyo's on the rear have a little over 4k on them & still look new. Why? Cuz they don't spin! Love that tire.
But... In April I'm gettin pulley,tune, & a twin 67 TB from VMP. Then, they may break loose. We will see. Good luck with your car!

aksvt

Established Member
Thanks CC, im sure youll enjoy your new found power. Not far behind you but i need to do my BMR upgrades and lower the car before i add to the hp. Like you i have multiple toys so its hard to balance the funds on which car gets what this month lol.

Van@RevanRacing

aksvt

Be cool with those tires when it's raining. Most guys don't let their cars see rain but in the event you do be careful. I went for a few too many full rotations at Sebring one time on R888's and it necessitated a new pair of pants.

Have fun! Let me know if you know anybody else looking for a set of 4 - 20x9 Alcoa's.

Van

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I have had my original run Alcoa's boxed up for a while now, my 9's were widened to 11 3/4" in the fall and by the time i got them back it was time for winter storage. Gave me a bunch of time to research and decide what tire i wanted to run and decided on the R888. Going to run the 315/30 on the rear and the 285/35's up front, cant wait to play with the added traction this summer. I dont dd mine so not worried about the tread life although others seem to get better life from them than expected. I tried to get a TPMS kit form Tousley for the Alcoas but there were out of kits for a few weeks so i bought a set of the AM aftermarket sensors hoping they sync up without too much trouble. Now i just need to get with Van to get some bmr stuff to center things up. Excited to get this out in the spring, May still seems so far away :(

Who widened your wheels and what did you pay???

aksvt

Established Member
aksvt

Be cool with those tires when it's raining. Most guys don't let their cars see rain but in the event you do be careful. I went for a few too many full rotations at Sebring one time on R888's and it necessitated a new pair of pants.

Have fun! Let me know if you know anybody else looking for a set of 4 - 20x9 Alcoa's.

Van

Thanks for the heads up, it dosent go out in the rain unless i misjudge the weather. If i get caught in it i will keep it cool for sure.

BTW, you will be hearing from me sometime soon before spring hits for some BMR parts and springs. :beer:

Who widened your wheels and what did you pay???

Eric Vaughn- $750 i think it was.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Order yet? My only concern is that the front will have more sidewall than the rear, I personally can't stand that.
I like the R888 plan though, good luck!
-J

aksvt

Established Member
Order yet? My only concern is that the front will have more sidewall than the rear, I personally can't stand that.
I like the R888 plan though, good luck!
-J

Yhea, they show up today. I understand what your saying about the sidewall height front to back and i did take it in to considriation. The tire combo here is almost perfect height for what i wanted at 27.6" and 27.7" and I really wanted to have the same tire front and back. The car in the post here has the same combo http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-14-shelby-gt500-413/958163-sgm-painted-stripes.html and the side wall height diffrence is noticable but very slight imo so i can live with that.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Hey aksvt - please update this thread with pictures and impressions of the R888s when you get a chance. I am contemplating the same tires (and sizes) for my Boss.

aksvt

Established Member
Its good to finally have some tires back on the Alcoa's. Now its time to order some power from Van and see how these thing hook!
IMG_1042_zps042057a2.jpg

IMG_1041_zpsf911a8cf.jpg

IMG_1044_zpsf1c79195.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread