Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Toyo proxes 315-30-18

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BLUESNK

SVT God
Established Member
i was about to purchase some MT until i seen the thread about the toyo proxes. Which would you guys recommend
i have lowered pullied cobra with 18 AFS reps and 10.5 in the rear, and i only go to the track about Five times a year.

also will i need spacers with the toyo R888 315-30-18?

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Well do you want a DR or more of a road race tire the R888 are not really a DR. if you get the R888 you should have them on all 4s not just the rears.

TitanSvt

Rico Collazo
Established Member
I was also looking at these 2 options before buying new rear tires, I ended up going with the MT because I wanted a DR..If thats what your going for, MT are GOD LIKE! The grip on these things are incredible, and thats a 295/45/17 on a 9in rim

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The TOYO R888 tire can be used in the rain without any issues. Any DR will keep you on your toes when the rain starts. I would honestly just get another pair of wheels and put DRs on them and have something else to use on the street.

mach1033

Established Member
Both tires are great for traction. The MT have a zero tread rating and the toyos have a 100 rating. Like the other member stated the R888's can be driven in the rain where a DR you will be playing Russian roulette. At your power level I would go for the R888's. The 305's do not require a spacer. I ran the MT size 305 35 18 and all I did was install the flush mount irs bolt.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
No there not. These are the two tires I was also debating on but since I need more grip and my car isn't a DD nor do I take it out if there's a chance of rain " those two things should be used in determining what's best for you" I choose the dr's....

If by a chance of Whoever I get caught in any rain I will pull over and wait it out. Something that I don't have a problem dealing with... Has yet to happen and I've been riding bikes for years as well

Last edited:

BLUESNK

SVT God
Established Member
I think i am going to go with the MT tires since I only drive my car on the weekends. They are also about 90$ less

About how long do they last thou?

Thanks for the info guys

ruthless

Established Member
I think i am going to go with the MT tires since I only drive my car on the weekends. They are also about 90$ less

About how long do they last thou?

Thanks for the info guys

The r888s hooked up my 2.2 KB Cobra without a problem. They worked great on the street however I will say they are too stiff for the 1/4 mile. My car tried to hop all over the track with them. Even with them aired down the side walls are almost run flat stiff.

Both tires are R compound but are made for very diffrent types of racing. I was told that some race teams use the R888 are their wet weather tires.

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
The r888s hooked up my 2.2 KB Cobra without a problem. They worked great on the street however I will say they are too stiff for the 1/4 mile. My car tried to hop all over the track with them. Even with them aired down the side walls are almost run flat stiff.

Both tires are R compound but are made for very diffrent types of racing. I was told that some race teams use the R888 are their wet weather tires.

Did you run the Toyo's on all corners? If so what sizes did you run? Thanks!

ruthless

Established Member
I am running the r888s on all 4 wheels. I have a set of CCW Classics 18x9.5 275/35ZR18 and 18x11 with 335/30ZR18. Next time I will go with 315/30ZR18 on the rear.

Last edited:

skidad62

Established Member
I went with the R888 in 305/35/18 for the street (I run MT Drags & skinnies at the track)

Tire_Reflections_PXR888.png

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Although the R888 are not a drag radial, I've heard a lot of positive feedback about them and the majority of reviews said that these tires hook great.

Users who are viewing this thread