Toyo r888 335/30zr18 on CCW 18x11?

MachONEderboy

Established Member
I know the tire will fit and have a small amount of bulge which I'm fine with. I just want to know if anyone has fit this tire (or any other 335) on the back of their Mach without any fitment issues. My car will be on H&R SS springs and Bilstein HD shocks/struts when these wheels go on. Just waiting to get back from Afghanistan. If not the 335 I'll have to go with a 305 because the 315's are just not tall enough for my taste. And I do not want a drag radial because the car never see's the strip and I like to take it around curves without worry. :banana: Thanks guys

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Hey bud, welcome and thanks for your service.

The tires will fit on the wheel no problem, as for rubbing issues, its possible. I would roll the rear fenders with a fender roller just to be safe and tuck the lip up and back from the tire. I ran a 345 toyo proxes tq on my 17x10.5 fr500 wheel but had to run a spacer because i had swapped my rear axle for an independent rear suspension from the cobra.

As for the tire, I have a 315 Toyo Proxes R888 and am happy with it, nice soft tire that can grip decently and handle the turns. With a larger sidewall bulge, it might feel like the car is rolling a bit when turning hard.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
The 335/30 18 r888 has a total cross width of 13.3", its target rim size is a 12", but would also be acceptable on an 11.5 or 12.5, with unnoticeable degradation in handling. I would say an 11 would be a little small for it, but you should still be within the safe limits. There will be quite a bit of sidewall bulge, about 1" on each side, but depends on the pressure you run the tire at.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
295/35 BFG's :rockon: Since you like corners! Stay safe over there!

IMG_0284.JPG

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Im stealing your set up this summer SPEEDofsound, I hope you dont mind. At least mine is an 01 cobra, and not a mach haha, so not identical. Same CCW's and bfg tires for street. I'm going with some scrubbed r888's in 275 and 315 for the first few weeks just for pics and some canyon carving, but then the bfg's will go on.

MachONEderboy

Established Member
295/35 BFG's :rockon: Since you like corners! Stay safe over there!

IMG_0284.JPG

295 just has too much sidewall stretch for my taste. dont get me wrong, your car looks amazing (actually the reason im getting the classics for my mach) but the sidewall stretch the 295 has just doesnt do it for me. i think i'll be going with the 305/35 R888, then i'll be able to see any fitment issues that may be a problem with a 335, and who knows maybe the next set will be a 335 BFG? :rockon:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Im stealing your set up this summer SPEEDofsound, I hope you dont mind.

:lol1: Car's been sold since last April, but glad to see it's still making impressions. :beer:

295 just has too much sidewall stretch for my taste. dont get me wrong, your car looks amazing (actually the reason im getting the classics for my mach) but the sidewall stretch the 295 has just doesnt do it for me. i think i'll be going with the 305/35 R888, then i'll be able to see any fitment issues that may be a problem with a 335, and who knows maybe the next set will be a 335 BFG? :rockon:

:beer: Post up some pics when you get everything worked out!

Users who are viewing this thread