08 GT500 tires?

Also...what size would be best for a 08 GT500
with stock wheels?
I like a wide tire and would like them to stick out
a bit but not a sick amount.

Thanks!

Husky44

Established Member
FWIW, My 555rs were fine in the rain on my 95. Wasn't making 500+ hp, but that shouldn't be a problem in rain anyway.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Don't know where you got that from...? I'm perfectly fine at 70mph in the rain. As long as its not a downpour where you can't see 5ft in front of you, I've been perfectly fine.

+1

Had them on my 09 with 700 + to the ground and had 0 issues if caught in the rain. The grip was great and they loved the twisties with the stiffer side wall.

O/P See if you can widen the rims and get a 315 on it. Wait... thats what I had but on a 20 inch wheel, not sure about sizes for the 18's

RusWolf

Established Member
Don't know where you got that from...? I'm perfectly fine at 70mph in the rain. As long as its not a downpour where you can't see 5ft in front of you, I've been perfectly fine.

Obviously common sence helps.. ive been in the rain and even got caught in snos with my 555r and all is good.
When i was shopping for tires, multiple online reports and few sellers told me they grip extremely good in dry weather but dont get too comfortable in the rain.

As i mentioned in the first post, that was what i've been told. :shrug: After 555r wear out in a year or so i wanted to try r888 personally since they are awesome summer weather tire.

Users who are viewing this thread