Toyo proxes question

BdJames

Established Member
I'm ordered a set of the r888s. My friend is looking for an aggressive set of tires for his ss Camaro. So I suggested the proxes. He likes the way they look and found out that the Camaro guys love their performance as well, but he read a lot saying they are a noisy tire. Anyone have any complaints about the r888s being loud?

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
The only complaint i have with the R888's are that they tire dust like crazy. But i guess that is expected with such a soft compound.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
Mine arnt loud. Dont know why someone would say that. Maybe with a stock exhaust you could tell a difference. Those carmaro guys are a pack of fairies

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting, guess I'll find out once mine get mounted, waiting on rims yet.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Put 888's on today. 275/35/18 fr & 305/35/18 rears. Just as expected, greatness! The IRS bolt has ample clearence just like john @ CCW said. Im on H&R race springs, no rubbing, no issues. They hook as on my Shelby. They feel good rolling & cornering, no noise as some have asked about. Couldn't be happier. Will post pics next week on my work computer, IPad won't let me do it now. The CCW's look sweet too. Always wanted a set. Really fine tires, rides like a new car.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
True statement. Camaro guys are fairies. I was going to get the toyos, but now leaning towards the Nitto nt05. Just because I believe they will last longer. I know the Toyo 888 is awesome, but any thoughts on the nt05?

Users who are viewing this thread