Toxic fumes from bathroom Kill 1>>

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I think there is a joke in here somewhere, Feel sorry for the lady and her family.

Woman Dead After Breathing Toxic Fumes At Georgia McDonald's | Fox News

An elderly woman died and eight other people were hospitalized after breathing in toxic fumes at a McDonald's restaurant in Georgia, the Savannah Morning News reported Thursday.

Investigators said a toxic mix of chemicals used to clean bathrooms was to blame for sickening customers Wednesday at the McDonald's in Pooler, Ga., 10 miles west of Savannah.

One McDonald's employee, five customers and three firefighters were hospitalized with breathing problems, according to the Morning News. Anne Felton, an 81-year-old woman from Ponte Verde, Fla., was found unconscious in the restaurant's bathroom. She died early Thursday, the paper said.

Firefighters were alerted to the fumes after a restaurant patron stayed in the bathroom for more than 10 minutes, Pooler Fire Chief Wade Simmons said.

Pooler firefighters and Savannah Fire Department's hazardous materials team decontaminated all patrons and employees of the restaurant, according to the Morning News.

The U.S. Occupational Health and Safety Administration has opened an investigation into the incident.

Read more: Woman Dead After Breathing Toxic Fumes At Georgia McDonald's | Fox News

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
What I'd like to know is who took the deadly shit in order for somebody to use all those chemicals to clean it?

tistan

Established Member
That McDs is going to get sued big time. We were talking about this at work on Wednesday. I just can't believe they have chemicals for cleaning that are not safe even if accidentally mixed.

tistan

Established Member
Seriously? You do know not to mix bleach and ammonia, right? Chlorine gas. Nasty stuff.

Yeah, but you would think a big company like McDs would already have pre-made cleaning solutions so that stuff like this doesn't happen.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Yeah, but you would think a big company like McDs would already have pre-made cleaning solutions so that stuff like this doesn't happen.

Doesn't mean McDonald's has intelligent employees that wouldn't use both at the same time. I doubt any of them have ever read an MSDS. They don't exactly hire from the top of the food chain.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Improper training of handling of chemicals.

When I was young and dumb I added an ammonia based floor cleaner to what I assumed was a bucket of clean water, the bucket had bleach water in it. It felt like I was hit in the chest with a sledge hammer.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Doesn't mean McDonald's has intelligent employees that wouldn't use both at the same time. I doubt any of them have ever read an MSDS. They don't exactly hire from the top of the food chain.

I agree, while it may be mentioned in some training program, none of those folks retain that info.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Sad... We train and test our employees on chemical safety. We also complete random audits of maintenance shops to ensure all MSDS sheets are kept, and in order. One thing is for sure, MCD's will soon have a control in place to fix the issue.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
10 minute shit in public **** that i'm in and out....like a boss in public.

crazycarlo

Established Member
While I was not there I work for the Hazmat team that responded to this situation. I wont disclose any specific details I will just say there are certain things the general public does not know and dont jump to conclusions. They are supposed to hold a press conference about it today.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Just released the cause. it was an improperly connected co2 line in the wall for the soda machines that was leaking that cause the incident.

Users who are viewing this thread