Town Car making weird noise

LogiWorld123

Established Member
2004 Town Car-

Sounds like this-
but only when the AC compressor is engaged. No codes thrown or rough idle . Is it my IAC or something else?

I have noticed the AC vents have been blowing super cold air almost cyclically- itll be normal cold then for a while its warm and humid, and then goes back to ice cold.

Freon is good. Any ideas?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Could have debris in the fixed orifice or expansion valve causing the freon on the low side to be EXTREMELY cold (VERY low operating pressure on the low side). The noise fromm the intake? best guess a faulty IAC if they are so equipped.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Could have debris in the fixed orifice or expansion valve causing the freon on the low side to be EXTREMELY cold (VERY low operating pressure on the low side). The noise fromm the intake? best guess a faulty IAC if they are so equipped.

Hooking the manifold gauges back up, and the low side does drop quite a bit. I never thought to check that one. If there is debris in that though, wouldn't there be debris everywhere else in the system that is going to cause me headaches later?

With A/C on does the cooling fan come on?

Cooling fan is good- it was 103 yesterday so its pretty much on when @ normal op temp.

Users who are viewing this thread