Towing of 95 Lightning

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
Ok I used to have an 01 L and I miss my truck. I sold it to buy me a new mustang. Which I love but I wish I had my L back. Anyways, I found a 95 L. It's very clean. I got him down to 4500.00 for the truck. It's not the year I want (99-up) but it is a L and I will not have a car payment. (Which is good because I have 2 now) The truck has 135,000 miles on it. The truck looks like someone has took very good care of it.

My plans are is to tow my race car back and forth to the track and of course I'm going to try and hotrod it some. Not to much. So would it be worth it or not? The main purpose for the truck is to look good and Tow.

How do they tow?

How easy are they to mod?

Is it worth the money?

scootro

Established Member
WFC214.gif

towing1.gif

454546545456465.gif

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i know they had stronger transmissions, although i don't know exactly what they did to make them stronger. clearcoated paint and wheels that the paint didn't chip off of. they had the trans/brake interlock, center seat was standard, third brake light, i know there is some other stuff too.

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Any updates yet? And don't forget the pictures! To add onto what someone else said about the 95's, I believe the transmission had a better pump in it also.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I should be getting it this week. I only had half of the truck in cash so I had to do a personal loan for the rest. I'm hopeing to pick it up tomorrow but as soon as I do I will post a up a pic.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Ok I used to have an 01 L and I miss my truck. I sold it to buy me a new mustang. Which I love but I wish I had my L back. Anyways, I found a 95 L. It's very clean. I got him down to 4500.00 for the truck. It's not the year I want (99-up) but it is a L and I will not have a car payment. (Which is good because I have 2 now) The truck has 135,000 miles on it. The truck looks like someone has took very good care of it.

My plans are is to tow my race car back and forth to the track and of course I'm going to try and hotrod it some. Not to much. So would it be worth it or not? The main purpose for the truck is to look good and Tow.

How do they tow?

How easy are they to mod?

Is it worth the money?

They all had flat tapped cams and should have the F4TZ (roller cam block ) in it. The 93's did not hvae the roller cam block. The differences in years were slight.. Painted to match door handles in 1994 and up, and center console differences. I have some factory manuals for a 1994L I am about to put on ebay.. I will let them go pretty cheap :)

LOL make sure is't not my old L. Guy I sold mine to flooded it in Hurricane katrina lol... mine was a 1994 though so never mind :p

i know they had stronger transmissions, although i don't know exactly what they did to make them stronger. clearcoated paint and wheels that the paint didn't chip off of. they had the trans/brake interlock, center seat was standard, third brake light, i know there is some other stuff too.

The 4r100's had a different drums that held more clutches in it... and a few other odds and ends.. They had torque converter shudder problems and would neutralize if the TR sensor was not updated with the newer part too...

Last edited:

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
WooHoo I picked up my truck last night. I will try to post up pics today or tonight. I have got to start with getting me a tow hitch and wire it up for my trailer. Then I'm going to start on some mods for it. :banana::banana::banana:

Users who are viewing this thread