towing cobra

SpeedRacerXX1

Established Member
towing cobra to amazon hopefully soon

do you think i will be able to tow the cobra on a uhaul trailer with a expedition or do you think its 2 much weight for the trucks suspension?any suggestions? roughly 680 miles

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
The trailer probably won't have any support lift brackets/load leveling bars to control the added tongue weight the loaded trailer will put on the trucks rear suspension. Maybe U Haul will have this setup to rent. If not, you still could pull the trailer with the Expedition but just be extra careful especially around curves as the uncontrolled tongue weight on the hitch will cause much more swaying. BTW, do you have a 7 prong Bargman outlet along with a brake controller should the trailer have electric brakes?? If I'm not mistaken though, the rental car trailers typically have surge brakes so you won't need that set up but you will need the 4 pin plug setup for the turn signals, lights/brake-lights for the trailer. Good luck.

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
yes u-haul auto transport trailers have surge brake sys w/disc brakes on them... i have 10 years exp with u-haul years ago so tow away you have enough truck /// check tire pressure before you leave on trailer & truck towing it :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread