Towing a Focus SVT

a64armt

Established Member
Ok, I am not looking to tow WITH the Focus.........

We are relocating from Savannah GA to Pennsylvania. The wife and daughter are going up first and we are taking the truck. I will Fly back to Savannah and remain for an extra month, living in our Motorhome (since we sold our house) and drive the RV up towing the Focus.

Has anyone ever towed a Focus SVT on a U-Haul tow dolly? The trip is about a 700 mile trip, and people have been towing "toads" behind RV's for many many years so I don't see a problem, I am just curious if the FSVT adds any difficulties.

I though I had seen a photo of someone towing a FSVT behind a Lightning on a dolly, but I am not sure.

Thanks,
Vincent

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
As long as the front wheels are off the ground, tow away.. You should be fine with the u haul... Also, what part of PA?

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I do it all the time
394886297_wrBt2-L.jpg
I have to use some 2X6's under the ramps to keep the front facia from scraping.

a64armt

Established Member
Did fine

Yea, we made the trip just over a week ago. The whole package made it with out a problem. I didn't even need to use wood to decrease the approach angle of the ramps. The motorhome pulled the car well. I can honestly say I didn't feel the car back there at all, and that is not just BS lip service some people give, it was a bit scarry. I had to have the daughter and wife check on the car a lot!

Now the problem is the ~C~O~L~D~ weather here in PA. I am hearing all the squeaks and creaks in the Focus. I am assuming it is the suspension bushings which have never been this cold for this long before. Perhaps I need to spray some lithium grease onto the bushing to reduce the creaking. Also, the blower motor started squeaking at lower speeds. The car is getting old and the shift to cold weather didn't help.

Vincent

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Now the problem is the ~C~O~L~D~ weather here in PA. I am hearing all the squeaks and creaks in the Focus. I am assuming it is the suspension bushings which have never been this cold for this long before. Perhaps I need to spray some lithium grease onto the bushing to reduce the creaking. Also, the blower motor started squeaking at lower speeds. The car is getting old and the shift to cold weather didn't help.

Vincent

rofl...Hope ya have the 'cold weather package' in your Focus!! I use my Block Heater alot in the Winter!:rockon: FWIW, my blower motor has been squeaking on cold start ups in the Winter since new. A couple minutes after and it warms up enough and stops squeaking - no problems.

I'm about 30 miles north of Philly and tonight it's going down into the TEENS,,, Windchills in the single digits!!

Though Thursday it's supposed to warm all the way up to ~29. Less wind and sunny though, so it'll be ok. Of course it will be colder out in central PA.;-)

Welcome to F'n PA!:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread