Tour de France!!!

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
So I just wanted to see if anyone else shows any intrest in it??? I watch it each day because I think their are a lot of great story lines. I mean Lance Armstrong is a machine. His will to compete is amazing and being tied for first is great. I'm really excited to see if he can keep it up in the mountians.

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Gotta give the credit for that to him only having one testicle. Half the package means he can really knuckle down on that bike and do work. ;-) :lol:

nutswinger

Banned
I'm an avid cyclist myself, been riding for about 20 years. I have a lot of respect for those athletes. It's no doubt the toughest sport in the world. Most people are ignorant to the sport and don't realize the physical strength and endurance it takes to ride like they do.
Too bad the USA really doesn't take the sport serious. It's rarely ever covered by the media.
Anyways, I really hope Lance takes this Tour and makes it his 8th win.

amxguy1970

Established Member
^ agreed. I know it is very tough and I could never do it, but there are "tougher" sports out there.

I hate this time of year though, I mean I do enjoy watching some of the race on TV and all, but all of a sudden all the wanna be bike riders saddle up and play tour de france (Lance Armstrong) on the local roads during rush hour. Really? Put your bike on the back of your prius and drive somewhere where you can ride safely and not impede traffic and is designated for it, it isn't rocket science it's common sense :bored:

Tyler

BTW, half the people riding shouldn't be in spandex...

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I hate this time of year though, I mean I do enjoy watching some of the race on TV and all, but all of a sudden all the wanna be bike riders saddle up and play tour de france (Lance Armstrong) on the local roads during rush hour. Really? Put your bike on the back of your prius and drive somewhere where you can ride safely and not impede traffic and is designated for it, it isn't rocket science it's common sense :bored:

So true. I've never really ridden much but have always followed cycling for some reason. Tomorrow should be an exciting stage. We will see tomorrow if Lance is serious.

Blackness03

Established Member
^ agreed. I know it is very tough and I could never do it, but there are "tougher" sports out there.

Tyler

BTW, half the people riding shouldn't be in spandex...[/QUOTE]

AGREED! get off the roads and people will respect it more

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well I just finished Lance book "Its not about the bike" which i've read probably three time and I respect him even more. Heck I never rode in my life and i'm impressed with him. I want him to win to make it eight wins and to be the oldest person ever to win the Tour!!!

silverstang23

Established Member
I watch a about every other day. Part of the reason is that it is somewhat interesting and the other is that their is nothing better on TV.

Blown 89

Established Member

Tyler

BTW, half the people riding shouldn't be in spandex...
That describes every day around here. Arizona has a ton of bike friendly towns and our roads are PACKED with hoards of fat, slow, pathetic bikers....all of which wear spandex with all sorts of sponsorship logos all over them. It's pathetic. 1 out of ever 100,000 bikers on the road actually belong there.

I dated a girl at the beginning of the year that did triathlons. I though, wow, triathlon...must be a rock hard super athlete. Nope, I soon found out that triathlons are the new "in" sport for pathetic non-athletes. Biking is the same way. This girl's attitude toward motorists while she was on her bike was the reason we split. Like every biker I had to hear about how they have a legal right on the road too...blah, blah, blah yet all of her triathlon and biker friends thought the rules of the road didn't apply to them. They all admitted blowing through red lights because stopping interferes with their cardio training and violating just about every other law on the road yet none of them could figure out why motorists hate them. Of course it was always the driver's fault. Well sure as shit one of them blew a light and got T-boned and of course it was the car's fault for not yeilding....even though it had the green light. I almost T-boned a biker a few days before her douche bag friend got hit and when I told her about it...of course it was my fault for not looking for him zooming through a red light. They have their own 4' wide bike lanes yet for some reason they can't ride inside of them, they all have to ride side by side and take up traffic lanes and even if there's one they have to rid ON the line. Her excuse was because there is debris in the lane that causes them to get flats but what happens when a car nearly clips her....oh, it's his fault for crowding her. Riding bikes is for athlete wannabe's who don't have enough talent and coordination to do a real sport. Yeah I said it...and I also find if funny that every person who participates in a sport thinks their sport is the hardest in the world. I find that absolutely hillarious.

ellis4

Established Member
Cyclists are just like marathoners, their conditioning is amazing. It's a mainly one dimensional sport, but it is truly grueling. For those men to hold that cadence up and down mountains, ride hundreds of miles in one day, it's amazing really. Gotta go to the bathroom? Too Bad, either shit yourself or hold it.

hunterp

Established Member
Of course it was always the driver's fault. Well sure as shit one of them blew a light and got T-boned and of course it was the car's fault for not yeilding....even though it had the green light.

That sounds a little fishy. I was of the understanding that bikes were considered vehicles for the purposes of traffic laws and had to heed stop signs, lights, etc.

Blown 89

Established Member
That sounds a little fishy. I was of the understanding that bikes were considered vehicles for the purposes of traffic laws and had to heed stop signs, lights, etc.
Oh they do. In the law's eyes the bike was at fault. I'm talking about how all of his friends and fellow bikers saw it. It's been my experience that bicyclists only follow the law when it's convenient and the rest of the time everyone else needs to lube up and bend over for them. These people participate in an activity that involves pissing and shitting themselves in public....what makes you think their opinions would ever make sense?

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I cant wait for tuesday. The Pyrenees are going to be really exciting and will decide the whole race. I'm begging for Lance but I stll feel Contador will pull it out being younger. I'm still sad that Levi had to drop out with his wrist he has alway been one of my favorite riders and I know Lance was good buds with him since they rode together since 98 on Postal.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
Well Lance might not win this year but I got chills watching him attack the leaders after falling off the lead pack. He is the greatest rider ever.

Users who are viewing this thread