Touch up paint.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
Do I contact Ford is there another outlet to get touch-up paint? :shrug: I hate rock chips!!!! :fm:

Thanks!

Drewzilla

Established Member
My car is torch red and I just got some red touch up paint at autozone. I matched it up as close as I could. The color isnt EXACT but you cant even tell the color difference when you walk up to the car. You have to Get like an inch from it to halfass tell. Works good enough for me....it's better than having a big chip in the paint.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Do you need the paint code for the parts department, or can they look it up?

Most of the time they are less than helpful..

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
UA -> Black
CX -> Dark Shadow Grey
YN -> Silver Metallic
G2 -> Redfire
Z1 -> Oxford White
D3 -> Torch Red
B7 -> Zinc Yellow
SN -> Sonic Blue
TK -> Mineral Grey
TL -> Satin Silver
D6 -> Screaming Yellow
CY -> Competition Orange
G6 -> Mysti-Chrome

nevertofast

Established Member
My car is torch red and I just got some red touch up paint at autozone. I matched it up as close as I could. The color isnt EXACT but you cant even tell the color difference when you walk up to the car. You have to Get like an inch from it to halfass tell. Works good enough for me....it's better than having a big chip in the paint.

i went to my local ford dealership and bought the exact color
$7.00 +tax and they had it on the shelf

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Have the VIN ready as most idot parts counter guys are programed to ask for it.

pvteye

Established Member
It's $6.11 per tube and Steve can order it in for you.

Call 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve at Tousley Ford

SmokinCobra420

Kush is good MmmKay!
Established Member
the best way i found to apply touch up is not to use the applicator that it comes with, but use a toothpick, you fray the end of the tooth pick slightly, very lightly dip the frayed tooth pick into the touch up paint, only get a very small amount on the end of the toothpick, once the small droplet of paint touches the car it will fill in the chip, you will want to need to do this around 5 or 6 times to build the paint up to slightly above the rest of the paint on the car, after you do that, a few days when its dry, you can start to bring the chip down to surface level, i use different waxes of varied grit, to slowly work the "bubble" down, i have a few chips that are down the the metal, and now you have to be less then one inch from them to notice.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Got mine from a ford dealership and it is Tk mineral grey but to be honest doesnt match perfectly but I guess it is touch up paint

Users who are viewing this thread