Total bridge collapse in Baltimore...

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Prayers for any of you with friends or family in the area. Apologies for the garbage text.

P.s.
Stay ready, dont get ready

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING: BALTIMORE BRIDGE COLLAPSE - POSSIBLE MASS CASUALTY EVENT<br><br>A large container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore, causing significant parts of it to collapse.<br><br>Emergency services are searching for multiple cars and people who may have fallen into… <a href="https://t.co/WujjcEOMc7">pic.twitter.com/WujjcEOMc7</a></p>&mdash; Mario Nawfal (@MarioNawfal) <a href="">March 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
How does one miss the channel or be that far off course in harbor?
Rudder failure, incompetence, total system failure, nobody at the helm, or on purpose?

Clear skies, calm waters...huge luminated bridge....

96dreamer

Established Member
It's not often anymore I see a video online that takes my breath away. I had a sinking gut feeling when watching this. Hopefully traffic load was super light for the time of day.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Old enough to remember it opening. I was a kid. Parents drove us across it. Wasn't impressed, because I liked going through tunnels under water better. A real tragedy. Indicative of the times we're in, and government in charge.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
My office overlooks the Key Bridge, I cross it every day for my commute to work. It's chaos down here right now, helicopters and rescue boats everywhere...

The guy on shift last night that runs my job said he heard it, sounded like thunder.

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
How does one miss the channel or be that far off course in harbor?
Rudder failure, incompetence, total system failure, nobody at the helm, or on purpose?

Clear skies, calm waters...huge luminated bridge....
It was just the anniversary of the Exxon Valdez too. Hopefully not a terror attack….

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Hopefully not a terror attack….
Since you mentioned it there is currently a "massive" (as per the headline) fire under a major bridge just south of Cleveland.
*edit
News just said its a brush fire of an unknown source.

20240326_062901.jpg

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
It was just the anniversary of the Exxon Valdez too. Hopefully not a terror attack….
Local news reporting that they're stopping tractor trailers that are going through the Fort McHenry and Harbor tunnels this morning for inspection. That's they're main alternate route.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Buddy said loss of power on the ship it sounds like. They didn’t report it into sector possibly. But I mean a ****ing mayday call for constant bearing decreasing range imminent collision course with a major bridge should have been called on the radio immediately

Maybe not totally avoidable but they could have tried to get the bridge shutdown immediately

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. Definitely hope people managed to escape that. I don’t know how quickly cars would sink when on a concrete roadway or what kind of suction that would create.

Users who are viewing this thread