Torsen strength

pickles

Established Member
Has anyone actually exploded a factory torsen differential launching on slicks or drag radials with under 450whp? I don't know if it's something I should be concerned about or not. I'm getting the axle tubes welded soon, so I assume the torsen is the next weakest link?? Or is it?

Highway Star

Established Member
Has anyone actually exploded a factory torsen differential launching on slicks or drag radials with under 450whp? I don't know if it's something I should be concerned about or not. I'm getting the axle tubes welded soon, so I assume the torsen is the next weakest link?? Or is it?

All I ever hear is "I know a guy who knew a guy who had a Torsen crap out at the strip." Can it explode? Yes. Will it? No. Torsen T2 /T2r are used in serious road racing. They are pretty stout. If you are going to be regularly dragging the vehicle, not the best differential. But it can handle a limited number of hard launches. These cars have been seriously tested. Has anyone seen this on a video or anywhere? Granted you are upping the horsepower, but they are overengineered enough to handl it.

Users who are viewing this thread