Torsen Diff and 3.73 gear package

stevens11bravo

Established Member
I have a 8K mile take out Torsen Diff. and 3.73 package. I am building my car more toward drag racing only and recently changed this out for a different posi and gears. This unit has never been to the drag strip or on a sticky tire. All the worm gears inside it looked great and there was no metal pieces in the fluid that came out with it. This came out of a track pack GT but this is the same Torsen used in the Boss and GT500. This is not the old weak $500 Torsen, this one is nearly $1000 new and is much stronger but I'm still afraid it won't be strong enough for some 1.4X 60ft times so I am not even going to chance tearing it up when I can sell it. I have seen several 11 sec Boss cars on slicks running these with no problems and only know of one guy blowing one apart in a low 10 sec GT500 after several passes so it should live just fine behind moderate power for someone who occasionally hits the drag strip but who also wants to road race. Here is a link http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-raci...014/p/M4204MB/ I am selling this as a basic bolt in so most people could install it themselves without needing to pay the high cost shop prices or require most of the expensive tools. I will include the torsen carrier with bearings and races, oem one piece left and right side carrier shims, ring gear already bolted on carrier, the pinion with shim, crush sleeve and nut. You will need a new crush sleeve and to press off your current pinion bearing to use or I can provide you a new oem ford pinion bearing and race still in the package for an extra $40. I would have left the pinion bearing on but it had the large GT500 pinion bearing and wouldn't have fit in a regular GT rear anyways so I had to re-use it instead of the new bearing I bought not knowing I had the GT500. I figure it would cost some where in the area of $1300 for this whole package new so my price is half that at $650 plus shipping and paypal fee's. There's a bare Torsen diff with no bearings or gears on Ebay right for around $700 so I think I'm offering a fair deal.

Attachments

• 20140827_154544.jpg
    20140827_154544.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 310

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I have a couple of other things on my plate right now, but I'm very interested. I'll be subscribed in case it lasts.

stevens11bravo

Established Member
I'll be at the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, KY next month if someone wants to buy and avoid shipping cost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread