torrents?

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
viper said:
Anyone here use or download torrents?
yes, quite often
viper said:
Can my computer catch viruses and stuff from them?
Depends on what torrent, generally most torrent sites will have people rate or comment on the torrent.. so if it had anything funny, you would know before hand
viper said:
Are they legal?
Torrents are legal, but what you download probably isnt.

Some of the more popular ones are:
thepiratebay.org (have to register to see everything listed)
torrentspy.com

Asd60303

Lead. Never Follow
Established Member
torrentz.com is a good site, i would get some virus/spyware software before i start downloading. Also read the comments before you download a torrent.

Mayo5

Established Member
thepiratebay(member)
dididave(member)
Demoind(Members only)
torrentspy
torrentz
mininova
torrentreactor

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Torrent Spy and Pirate Bay are the two I use, quite frequently.

It's actually safe, if you're smart about it. Much more so than P2P.

Is it legal.....well.......kinda.

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
McFly said:
i use mostly demonoid.com, its really good. I use azureus as my program and it's pretty good.

+1 on Azureus. That's what I use, I love it.

Coiled03

Established Member
Torrents are great for downloading large pr0n files. Not that I do that....

GodStang

Established Member
Coiled03 said:
Torrents are great for downloading large pr0n files. Not that I do that....

amen to that.....

I use bitcomet as the browser and use torrentspy and piratebay. One of the big ones I think TorrentReactor (not for sure) now has fake popular files for movies and if you download it they catch your ip address and report you for downloading illegal things. It is too new for peerguardian to catch.

For those using p2p make sure you are running something like PeerGuardian. It helps alot and it is free.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
You can but not often. And if you don't use the crappy public torrent sights then you are good to go most of the time. I Use UTorrent which is the most basic but all you need type program.

I also use a private torrent website that has EVERYTHING. It usually hits the internet there before anywhere else. Plus I get download speeds up to 1.5mps on almost everything I download, it's quick. You don't have all of the leechers. You have to keep a 1:1 ratio or you get warning, then banned.

King$nake

Banned
k, most of what you said went over my head. I just started reading about torrents today and just downloaded Azureus. Went through the HD Collection, trying to find some movies in 720p or 1080p (im on a 22" widescreen HD monitor)

Allanon

SVT Druid
Established Member
King$nake said:
k, most of what you said went over my head. I just started reading about torrents today and just downloaded Azureus. Went through the HD Collection, trying to find some movies in 720p or 1080p (im on a 22" widescreen HD monitor)
You won't find any true HD movies such as BLu-Ray or HD-DVD. They are simply too large to capture the files or put on a torrent. MOst of them are 15-30 gig, you could record one if you had a capture card with component inputs, but the data rate is a staggering 6 gig per minute of uncompressed video:eek: That's 720 gig for a 2 hour movie. If you do find movies that say HD they are probably just TV recordings from an HD cable channel. Here is my favorite site...

http://torrentscan.com/

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Allanon said:
You won't find any true HD movies such as BLu-Ray or HD-DVD. They are simply too large to capture the files or put on a torrent. MOst of them are 15-30 gig, you could record one if you had a capture card with component inputs, but the data rate is a staggering 6 gig per minute of uncompressed video:eek: That's 720 gig for a 2 hour movie. If you do find movies that say HD they are probably just TV recordings from an HD cable channel. Here is my favorite site...

http://torrentscan.com/

?, The site I belong to has true Hi-Def, Blu-Ray videos. I don't download them because they kill your ratio real quick.

torrent.gif

Users who are viewing this thread