Torque wrench ? -- for FTVB install

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
hey all whats up? Im going to install my FTVB/morso pan within the next couple of weeks.. I have a ft/lbs torque wrench but i dont have an inch/lbs torque wrench.. Im assuming 1ft/lbs = 12inch/lbs.. Is this true??? Another words if i need 100inch/lbs that would be a little over 8ft/lbs-- right???

Bootie

Established Member
Your are correct sir. BTW sorry didn't call you. Wasn't able to make it into Jax today anyway.

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
Your are correct sir. BTW sorry didn't call you. Wasn't able to make it into Jax today anyway.

no problem.. I just noticed my ft/lbs torque wrench only goes down to 10ft/lbs anyway. so i guess i will have to bite the bullet and buy an in./lbs wrench.. Im borrowing the ft/lbs wrench but i dont know anyone with one in in./lbs.. Only thing that sucks about buying it is that this is probably the one and only time i will ever use it

Bootie

Established Member
I know what you mean. An auto part store may rent one, idk. I twisted a bolt off once w/ a reg. wrench in my 5.0 VB installing a shift kit. That wasn't fun.

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
I know what you mean. An auto part store may rent one, idk. I twisted a bolt off once w/ a reg. wrench in my 5.0 VB installing a shift kit. That wasn't fun.

Yah one of the members of nloc just posted that auto zone will rent them

Floridalawdog

Established Member
]UBC[ CCC said:
Yah one of the members of nloc just posted that auto zone will rent them
I wish I knew that before. I bought them both from Sears, thinking I would return them. They were so coveredin fluidthat I had to keep them. That ws 120 bucks down the toilet. Now I have them and will never need them again.

]UBC[ CCC

Established Member
Floridalawdog said:
I wish I knew that before. I bought them both from Sears, thinking I would return them. They were so coveredin fluidthat I had to keep them. That ws 120 bucks down the toilet. Now I have them and will never need them again.

You dont happen to live close to jacksonville do you??

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Sorry, I am in Sarasota. If you ever come down this way, I would be happy to lend you them. I could even help if you like. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread