Torque Steer, Control Arms or Just Life with a GT500?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
You'd need to adjust your rear end to the left. Dont over do it too much otherwise your street alignment will be off greatly

NIXDSG

Established Member
When I had stock suspension the back of the car would move around some when getting into it, entertaining, not scary.
Since I've installed adjustable UCA and LCA, adjustable hard bar, relocation brackets, ... now it's BORING in that it just goes straight.
I did fix the RH to LH measurement, it was 3/16 difference stock and also centered the axle. Again, tracks really straight now.

NIXDSG

Last edited:

V8Flexin

Established Member
So - if my car is pushing the rear end to the passenger side under hard throttle... which way do i need to adjust my panhard bar?
A panhard bar will not keep you rear end from moving left to right under suspension travel/load. It's a cheap low cost way to manage lateral axle movement. What you want is a watts link which will keep your rear end center in all but the most extreme suspension travel which is outside of what the rear shock will allow for. Only thing is watts link's are 3-4 times more expensive than a adjustable panhard bar and have lengthy install times.

1st usa car

Established Member
You'd need to adjust your rear end to the left. Dont over do it too much otherwise your street alignment will be off greatly
Finally got around to this... This worked. I just did a hard pull in 3rd and the car went straight !!! 2nd went pretty well too but I didnt get too crazy with that gear.

While I was adjusting-- I also adjusted my LCA brackets to the middle slot from the top slot.... this is also helping with the traction issues.

Car is even more predictable and safe -- I am really excited... warmer weather and stickier tires --- Its possible for a hard pull in 2nd gear.

Users who are viewing this thread