Torque Specs

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Can anyone help me out with the torque specs for the bolts that need it when reinstalling the blower?? It's not listed on Apten's site.

Thanks

predator

Established Member
I tried to help you out with a search, but couldn't seem to locate a previous thread with the same question. Best answer would be to give Apten a call. ;-)

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Here is you're info per ford maintenance manual. This must be torqued in sequence in two stages. I can't copy the page so I will explain as best I can. There are 10 bolts that hold the supercharger to the lower intake manifold. The numbers below represent the bolts and the sequence they should be tightened.
9 5 3 7 2
Picture this: 9 is the passenger side front bolt
1 is the driver side front bolt.
1 8 4 6 10

Tighten in the sequence shown above in two stages.
Stage 1: Tighten to 2 Nm (18 lb-in)
Stage 2: Tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb-ft)

For example, tighten #1 to 2 Nm, then #2 to 2 Nm, then #3 to 2 Nm, etc... When all are at 2 Nm, start over and re-torque to the final spec (25 Nm). Be sure not to over torque as the bolts will snap. If you removed the intercooler manifold (bolts to the front of the supercharger assembly with hoses running to the intercooler reservoir) tighten bolts in two stages, stage 1- tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in) stage 2 - tighten an additional 90 degrees. If you removed the lower intake manifold and supercharger as an assembly PM me and I will give you those specs as well! Hope this helps;-)

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks bro. The Ford maintenance manual.......did you pick this up a Ford or an automotive retailer? How much??

Thanks

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Go to Helminc.com, they sell the manuals the dealers use. I paid around $180 for the 2003 mustang service manual and the wiring diagram manual. The mustang service manual includes all mustang models. The wiring diagram manual is seperate. Go to the website, you'll see what I'm talking about. Happy wrenching!

Users who are viewing this thread