torque specs

USMC500

Established Member
I currently have my valve covers lower manifold the intercooler removed from the lower and the supercharger plenum and throttle body removed off the car when I reassemble what are the specs and procedure to tighten everything up thanks for any help

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Blower is 25lb/ft
lower intake is 18lb/ft
intercooler is 16lb/ft with a dab of loc tite

The other stuff I do hand tight.

Five bolts on each side of blower and manifold..start at middle bolt (#3) and criss cross in standard fashion working your way to aft most bolts and forward most bolts last in the sequence. I always repeat the pattern twice.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
qg6I7Hw.png

Per FRPP instructions "...Install the new supercharger to the intake manifold using the stock fasteners. Torque the fasteners to
5 Nm (44 lb in) using the inside-out pattern shown below. Repeat this procedure and torque each fastener to 25 Nm (221 lb in)..."

final torque is only 18.4

Rob_03Mach

Established Member
Bump up.
What about the valve covers how many Ft/lbs

Per Ford Manual: 303-01C-24 - Tighten 10 Nm (89 lb-in) *** NOTE: lb-in not ft-lb ***..... Apply silicone gasket and sealant to the engine
front cover-to-cylinder block joints. Let me know if you don't know the sequence...

Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
I don't know that there's a specific sequence on the valve covers since we're only talking inch/lbs here. I just tighten valve covers down snug, and if there's enough bolts (like our 5.4's) then I use a criss-cross pattern like you would with a set of wheels or cylinder head bolts.

Users who are viewing this thread