Torque specs rear gear set-up

bluesnake01vert

Established Member
I'm having a set of 4.10's put in by my brother. He's done many sets for me over the years in both 8.8 and 9 inch rears but has yet to do a gear swap on the aluminum diff. What are all the torque specs for putting the rear back together with the aluminum differentials?
I'm guessing they are different than the steel 8.8?
Thanks!

bluesnake01vert

Established Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking that based on the fact I can't find any specs for the aluminum diff it might be the same but I know the torque specs change when youre dealing with bolts going into most other things that are aluminum. I'm just afraid to really torque on things like the aluminum carrier bearing caps and such..
Hopefully someone will weigh in with something from a service manual or other...:??:

I'm definitely looking forward to the 4.10s

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
It's the same specs with the exception of carrier bearing pre-load. Should use a diff spreader and spread .020" but I don't do that and setup the diff the same as an iron case with no problems to date. I actually have 2 diffs I use in rotation once I start burning up seals/bearings from open track duty I swap in the other and rebuild the first and on it goes :)

Users who are viewing this thread