Torque specs on bolts valve cover baffels

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I know it isn't much but does anyone know the toque specs of the 12 bolts for the valve cover baffels? They are extremely small and just want to make sure I get them in there right after I clean the under side of the valve covers.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm not sure you can really torque those, since they are self tapping screws. Just be sure to use some red locktite on them, and tighten them as good as you can without stripping the threads. I would count on the locktite as being much more important than an actual torque spec, because you don't want them dropping into a valve, or on top of your piston!

Alb Cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure you can really torque those, since they are self tapping screws. Just be sure to use some red locktite on them, and tighten them as good as you can without stripping the threads. I would count on the locktite as being much more important than an actual torque spec, because you don't want them dropping into a valve, or on top of your piston!

Cool I was thinking lock tight on top of a possible torque. I'll have to get some red locktite cause I only have the blue. Is the red used for a wet or oily application?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Cool I was thinking lock tight on top of a possible torque. I'll have to get some red locktite cause I only have the blue. Is the red used for a wet or oily application?

The red is considered "permanent", which is what I wanted for this application. Permanent can be removed later if needed, though, by just heating the screws with a propane torch to break the bond.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread