Torque Management?

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
When I ran at the track last night I noticed on hard shifts (traction control off) it seemed like I was getting either a reduction in timing or torque or some type of abuse management from the car, anyone have any ideas. The feeling was like hitting the rev limiter for a split second but it clearly was after I made the shift and hammered the throttle with the clutch completely released. BTW, clobbered a Yellow Z06 2001 at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway.

:bash:

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Are the 2001 Z06's slower than the 2002's?? How does your cobra compare to your Z06 as far as power goes? But as far as the brief loss of power after shifts is something I have never experienced. How long have you had your UPR cold air kit on the car? I am thinking the computer could simply still be learning your driving habits with the new mods. It took me a while before my car learned the new mods.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by COBRyan
Are the 2001 Z06's slower than the 2002's?? How does your cobra compare to your Z06 as far as power goes? But as far as the brief loss of power after shifts is something I have never experienced. How long have you had your UPR cold air kit on the car? I am thinking the computer could simply still be learning your driving habits with the new mods. It took me a while before my car learned the new mods.

COBRyan,

2001's have 20 hp less than the 2002's, My Z is modded and is probably .5 seconds quicker in the quarter. I personally believe it will be a coin toss and a lot being decided on the driver.

I have had the CAI on for approx 2 weeks now. I had never encountered this lapse of power on the street, however I have never hammered the shifts like I did last night either. I sure would be interested in knowing what this little phenomenon is?

:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Z06_2002
When I ran at the track last night I noticed on hard shifts (traction control off) it seemed like I was getting either a reduction in timing or torque or some type of abuse management from the car, anyone have any ideas. The feeling was like hitting the rev limiter for a split second but it clearly was after I made the shift and hammered the throttle with the clutch completely released. BTW, clobbered a Yellow Z06 2001 at the Las Vegas Motorspeedway.

:bash:

You sure the clutch wasn't slipping? BTW, congrats on the kill :)

Steve Snake Driver

Established Member
Ford had something like this on the 99 Cobra's (and probably the 2001 I'd guess). Bob Cosby and Ian (forget his last name but he is HiPsi on the boards) both run Factory Stock in NMRA and experienced the same thing you mention - a bit of a laydown after a hard shift. They got it removed via a reburned chip.

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by Steve Snake Driver
Ford had something like this on the 99 Cobra's (and probably the 2001 I'd guess). Bob Cosby and Ian (forget his last name but he is HiPsi on the boards) both run Factory Stock in NMRA and experienced the same thing you mention - a bit of a laydown after a hard shift. They got it removed via a reburned chip.

Thanks for the info, sounds like this may be the case also. These cars are a blast.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread