torque converter

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
is it true that they take longer to down shift,when you punch it while crusing.does it lag.or cant even tel its a higher stall.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
frightning#650 said:
is it true that they take longer to down shift,when you punch it while crusing.does it lag.or cant even tel its a higher stall.

With the proper tuning for the converter it will downshift and behave great on the street. I did have to have my tune worked on to adjust the lock/unlock schedules of the converter though. When left stock, the truck would detonate at 60 or so mph when I punched it because it wouldnt downshift. Other than that, I love it

blownsvt

Established Member
mhays26 said:
With the proper tuning for the converter it will downshift and behave great on the street. I did have to have my tune worked on to adjust the lock/unlock schedules of the converter though. When left stock, the truck would detonate at 60 or so mph when I punched it because it wouldnt downshift. Other than that, I love it
thanks for the reply. i havent heard much about them except they can shave some time off your e.t. nice truck by the way! :burnout:

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I love the way my truck shifts. With the FTVB and ProTorque 2400 it shifts really firm and the truck doesn't lag at all. My tuner did a super job of tuning in my shift points so that helps too. I would highly recommend the protorque as I'm sure many others here would too.

http://www.protorque.com/nprod/np_svt.htm

Flossing888

Established Member
My PT drives great, it fels revier when I hit the gas. You dont get that low end crispyness but get a fast reving engine. Overall, it shouldn't be a first mod. especially now with gas prices..

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Im running a 2400 stall in my truck and love the way it shifts. I like chris am also running a FTVB but I also have 4:10 gears as well. Lets Just say I loved my drives to work when the Gas was not so damn High

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
boltntx said:
What is the highest stall you can run and still be streetable

I have a 2400, and after driving it for a few weeks, I think you could definitely go higher and be streetable. Maybe up to 3000 or even higher.

green91fox

Established Member
so you guys are saying a TQ converter for these trucks sucks up more gas?? I just picked up a 2400-2600 converter yesterday.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Takes more rpms to make the truck go = more gas used I think. I havent really checked mine, when you get as deep in as I am it sucks no matter how you look at it

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
ID 10 T said:
KB's are hungry huh Matt?

Yeah that going with everything else. Man Im looking forward to the hopefully high teens low 20s mpg of that turbo

Users who are viewing this thread