Torque Converter ?'s (Stall/Brand)

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Looked for a better section but honestly didn't see one, i'm looking to install a TC pretty soon but don't have much experience with brands. I know the guys over at M1R swear by Darrin @ BC but I cant find him anywhere on their site. Seems like he has dropped off the forums. Are there any other brands you guys are familiar with that make a quality street/strip stall? Looking for around 3500 stall.

Stanger00

Established Member
Talk with Chris at Circle D Specialties. I will assume you are supercharged since this is in the blower bistro and if you are supercharged you will want to run their multi disk converter. I just bought one a couple months ago and it took about 7 days for them to build and ship to me. I run a 3300 stall for street/strip duties. I mostly drive on the street so I didnt need to go to crazy with the stall. I've gotten 1.6 60fts foot braking with my single disk lentech unit that I used to run before I bumped horsepower up to the 570 range with my new engine combination. Get a big cooler too. The loose converter will make a lot of heat driving in city streets.

Circle D Specialties Performance Torque Converters

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
Im not running any power adders but I couldnt find a section that was just about transmission questions. This car isnt going to see any crazy mods, as for right now it just has magnapacks and a drop in filter. My plan is to do a stall, o/r mid, and a tuner all at the same time. Then maybe gears if i feel i need more. And possibly a small shot of nitrous. I just emailed circle D to see if they offer anything other than their pro series. I dont need a race spec converter for a car thats basically stock.

Stanger00

Established Member
With that information given and the fact you want to run nitrous in the future I would still suggest a multi disk. My single disk converter slipped with only 400 hp at the wheel wen it would lock up on WOT pulls.

3200-3300 should be good because it will still flash around 3500 and you can foot brake to about 2300 at the track. This converter, depending on tire and suspension, will get your 60fts from a 1.9 to 1.6 or lower.

Don't forget that you need a cooler hooked up after the stock cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread