Torque converter question

1993fox

Established Member
I have a 2014 with full exhaust, cold air, and an AED tune and I am thinking about getting a torque converter and aluminum driveshaft. I was wondering if most of the people with a converter are leaving from idle at the strip? I know it would work better to use the stall to get the car to leave a little harder but I have to use hand controls to drive and I can't use the brake and gas at the same time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

nonliberal

Established Member
I have a 2014 with full exhaust, cold air, and an AED tune and I am thinking about getting a torque converter and aluminum driveshaft. I was wondering if most of the people with a converter are leaving from idle at the strip? I know it would work better to use the stall to get the car to leave a little harder but I have to use hand controls to drive and I can't use the brake and gas at the same time. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you are handicapped in some way? If so it sounds like you would be a good candidate for a transbrake. You can leave from Idle and it will flash the conveter off the line.

1993fox

Established Member
Yes I am handicapped. I thought about a transbrake but I haven't read about a lot of people using them in the newer cars.

nonliberal

Established Member
They are in the works for the 6r80 transmission. Some people are already using them. It won't be long and they should be readily available.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Maybe he can use some type of 2step? Put it to the floor and when ready to launch just let it rip? Seems like it would be easier on the car as well.

Mike Rousch

Established Member

Most of the 4-5C converters will go about 1.65-1.7 leaving off idle. That will still drastically improve the ET over the stock converter!

1993fox

Established Member
Ya I was thinking about the 5c, I'm guessing I should still be in the 11's with this setup just leaving from an idle right?

Circle-D

Established Member
I agree.... you will be just fine off idle. And sounds like the 245mm 4C will be a good choice. If you want to discuss just shoot me an email.

Chris

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
you'd be fine off idle as was said. would be a night and day difference in the car. Let us know if we can help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread