Torque converter install in Tampa area

Unclenard

Established Member
Where are some good places to get torque converter installed in the Tampa area? I'm in Pinellas.

04compgt

Established Member
Racing Integration for sure. Although I did my own and it was not bad at all to do, however I have access to a lift so that changes a lot. I had it out and back in, in two hours, I actually had to do it again for a re-stall.

stangn

Established Member
CW motorsports is not a big fancy shop but does great work at reasonable prices. Curtis at 813-990 9348. He'll treat you fairly and honestly.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I would suggest anyone BUT All american street car or coastal dyno..

+1,000,000 for Racing Integration

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Any particular reason? I've always had great service at either....:shrug: dating back to 2005 at coastal....

Yes, 2 main reasons:

1) I would go with a shop that has experience with these cars. I don't know of anything coyote-related to come out of all american. The same goes for coastal.

2) My good buddy had his motor built by coastal and has had a hell of a time figuring out why it didn't make any power. Thousands of extra dollars, a few visits to other local shops, and over a year later--it's finally putting down some respectable power.

D.T.R

Established Member
Seeing how swapping the converter is something rather easy, i would probably try doing it myself if I were you.

Unclenard

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I stopped by All American once before back when I was looking to get my gears done and they basically ignored me when I stopped by, then I left them a voicemail and they never returned my call.
I've never done any transmission work and don't have a lift so don't think I'll try it myself. I've done everything else on my car except the rear end gear and head swap.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I stopped by All American once before back when I was looking to get my gears done and they basically ignored me when I stopped by, then I left them a voicemail and they never returned my call.
I've never done any transmission work and don't have a lift so don't think I'll try it myself. I've done everything else on my car except the rear end gear and head swap.
Headwork > tranny in terms of ease of install.

stangn

Established Member
Juic3d really like to know what was wrong with your friends car from coastal? I'm not partial by any means but coastal tuned my Whipple car well and my friends procharger car as well. Conservative tunes, yes but I've been beating mine for over a year and still going. My Whipple install and 9" etc was at CW motorsports.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
I guess everyone has different experiences at different places, same goes for dealerships.

However I can assure you most mustang shops can handle a converter in a Mustang. Lmao a coyote is still a mustang, we are not talking about bringing in your 599 Ferrari in.

FWIW Sam @Coastal is a good dude. Built two motors for my SN Cobra back in the day. Also built a Twin Turbo Cobra w/built motor for a buddy, along with a Whipple car for another buddy. However my past dealings with them were years ago, maybe they have new staff......

Not biased by any means. I've used tons of shops over the years. However the majority seems to like RI so go with them!

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I stand by my statement. Take your car to someone with coyote experience not some random shop.

That's all I'm going to say. Good luck OP

Unclenard

Established Member
I finally got the torque converter installed today. I went with Collin at Racing Integration. He did a great job and I would definitely recommend him to anyone. Thanks for the recommendation guys!

_Snake_

Established Member
Collin installed my MGW shifter last weekend. Without a question he's earned my business. Highly recommend Racing Integration.

Users who are viewing this thread