torque boxes

Dino S.

Established Member
What are they? Where are they? I've heard they get damaged easily, and i'd like to check mine.

TIA
Dino

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I've heard them mentioned, but don't have a clue.

A guess would be a housing attached to the rear axel hubs. Used for jacking points.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
They're the mounting points for your rear control arms. I was told by HP Motorsport that SN95 'stangs don't need reenforcements for them like some of the foxbodies, but we'll see...

Neko

THE ANTI-RICE
Established Member
u will feel them if they bust. i broke mine on my 91 hatch. it feels like the whole axle is comin out from under the car when u rape on it.

wicked5_0

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTCobra306
They're the mounting points for your rear control arms. I was told by HP Motorsport that SN95 'stangs don't need reenforcements for them like some of the foxbodies, but we'll see...

Exactly. I think I'm still gonna weld mine up when I swap the arms, it's only gonna cost me $0 at a friends shop. SVTCobra306 Ft. Polk is just a skip and jump from Lafayette.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Yeah, I know where Lafayette is, my ex-g/f was from there. She's still stationed in Germany, though..

We'll have to meet up sometime, there's quite a few Cobra's up here, although there's only two 5.0 Cobras that I know of..

Users who are viewing this thread