Torque Box Reinforcement?

03SVTKB

Established Member
Do the torque boxes need reinforcing on the 03/04 termis?
Not much track, mostly street.
Or would MMFLSFC be fine?

68gtscode

Established Member
Do the torque boxes need reinforcing on the 03/04 termis?
Not much track, mostly street.
Or would MMFLSFC be fine?

I believe the torque boxes on our cars are the same as any other Stang (79-04), so if you are subjecting them to damaging conditions then I'd say "yes!" If you have a SRA and have a lot of power, launching on sticky tires, etc, then I would think it would be a good idea.

Sub frame connectors don't do anything for the torque boxes, so I don't think these will help.

Matt

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
if your launching on slicks, yes. i had mine done because the uppers were pulling away from the car. of course my car has a SRA..

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
if your running an IRS, no.

If your running a SRA, then most definate yes. I tore mine in my 5.0 with 300 rwhp. People would tear them on the stock power levels (190 rwhp).

MVD

Established Member
if your running an IRS, no.

If your running a SRA, then most definate yes. I tore mine in my 5.0 with 300 rwhp. People would tear them on the stock power levels (190 rwhp).

Correct.

IRS center section is already fixed so it does not want to rotate on hard acceleration. SRA is held in place by the uppers and they want to rip out the boxes on hard acceleration.

03SVTKB

Established Member
^^^^
wow guys GREAT help!
i understand what to do now.
once again the members of svtp FTW!! :rockon: :beer:
thanks
Brandon

Jroc

Established Member
Would these be a good idea if your running a Torque Arm with no uppers, or would it be a useless mod if you aren't running any uppers?

68gtscode

Established Member
Would these be a good idea if your running a Torque Arm with no uppers, or would it be a useless mod if you aren't running any uppers?

The lower torque box reinforcements would still be a good idea. The uppers are not utilized with a torque arm, so there wouldn't be any reason to touch these. With an SRA, the lower arms are pushed into the chassis, and the uppers are pulled away from the chassis. I believe the uppers tend to get ripped off the sheet metal, but the lowers can still get damaged too. When I started to build my 98, the first suspension mod I had done was upper and lower Wild Rides Battle Boxes.

Matt

20psirabbit

Established Member
Correct.

IRS center section is already fixed so it does not want to rotate on hard acceleration. SRA is held in place by the uppers and they want to rip out the boxes on hard acceleration.

that's a great explanation, i had wondered the same thing and what the difference was, thanks! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread