torque booster

TXSVT1

Established Member
Just received my beefcake torque booster and i must say it looks fast straight out of the box. Thanks to terry for the great service and great product. Wondering Has anyone installed one of these before. Looks pretty straight forward just want to make sure I dont mess it up. Thanks

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Just received my beefcake torque booster and i must say it looks fast straight out of the box. Thanks to terry for the great service and great product. Wondering Has anyone installed one of these before. Looks pretty straight forward just want to make sure I dont mess it up. Thanks

You should get a re-tune done after its installed. i have A torque booster went from 625/505 rwhp to 641/557.... rwhp

TXSVT1

Established Member
What about the ports in the torque booster. Do they stay open or do I cover them? Thanks

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The wastegate opens when the boost reaches its pre designated pressure so your motor dont blow! You dont do anything to the wastegate unless you want to change the spring in it to raise or lower the psi it opens at!

TXSVT1

Established Member
You should get a re-tune done after its installed. i have A torque booster went from 625/505 rwhp to 641/557.... rwhp

I was wondering about that as well so I emailed Lund racing that I was in need of a new tune bc of the smaller pulley on my vortech along with the torque booster and his reply was that I didn't need a retune bc the tune would recalibrate depending on the air flow that it was measuring. So I was puzzled about that response

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I was wondering about that as well so I emailed Lund racing that I was in need of a new tune bc of the smaller pulley on my vortech along with the torque booster and his reply was that I didn't need a retune bc the tune would recalibrate depending on the air flow that it was measuring. So I was puzzled about that response

My tuner at revolution automotive( Adam) begs to differ. A dyno re-tune gets you the best possible results..dont know why anyone wouldnt want that!

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
just pop it in place of the old tube.

put on the new pulley and belt (you'll need to tighten the idler up one hole) and your good to go!

your welcome to send logs into whoever is tuning to verify fueling / timing

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You are raising the boost a little with a smaller pully the difference is it comes in much sooner. My max boost went from 9.5 to 10.5psi but that increase could be from my retune!

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
I know the 13 and 14s don't require a new tune when dropping pulley sizes on a PD supercharger. The computer and O2s takes care of it and adjusts.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I was told the initial timing needed to be adjusted due to the boost hitting alot quicker.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Just got mine in the mail from Terry also. I'm assuming the wastegate came equipped with the correct spring setup since the springs included aren't the ones needed to make the 10lbs?

Basically swap the pipe and pulley and belt out...and done? Do I need to connect any vacuum hoses to anywhere or is this self sufficient as it comes?

GBCoyote

Established Member
I'll let you know in about a week. Look up paxton coyote versus the world on YouTube. He had the same mods as I have now, his results are what I'm aiming for.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
So was this mod really worth it?

Yes my car is alot faster now then it was without it , if you have a tial bov be prepared for the sound to go up in volume as more air is being moved at lower rpm's and higher rpm's! It will be the 1st thing you notice right after you start the car up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread