Torque booster on a 96-01 Cobra results?

omj

Established Member
I've seen a ton of good feedback about using a wastegate on the 5.0bro motors and I'd expect to see some gains on the 96-01 cobras but not as dramatic as the higher powered coyotes. I have a stock HC/PSR 99 Cobra that is seeing about 12 psi w/ a Ti Trim using a 3.60" pulley. I'd like to pulley it up to max boost and wastegate the pressure over 12-13psi.

Also, if I'm seeing 12psi w/ a 3.60" pulley, and I put a pulley that is 10% smaller, would I see 10% more boost across the board?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont think you'll see 10% increase in psi across the board with a 10% smaller pulley. You could probably figure out blower rpm and infer how many blower rpm per psi and compare them with the two different sizes (there are some blower speed calculators out there, need the size of the blower and crank pullies and step up ratio of the blower).

Also keep in mind how belt slip can come into play, might be better off putting on an OD crank pulley vs a smaller blower pulley

TheGateKeeper

Established Member
My 01 V2 SC Trim made more power with a 3.60 pulley than a 3.33. I'm guessing due to belt slip and/or efficiency. There's a lot more belt wrap with the bigger pulley so I agree with an OD crank.

Users who are viewing this thread