Tork Tech guys, got a question.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Talking with a dude who did the TT in his 02 GT. I got the cobra pumps installed.

He is running 2 FPDMs. Wired in parallel (I think he said).

This a must? TT says nothing about this.

Thanks for any heads up on this.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Nope, Cobra run 1 FPDM stock. Have to upgrade to a modded or dual when going Ford GT pumps and bigger. But most just run return when they need more than FGT pumps.

So no Cobra pumps use 1 FPDM and Cobra,GT,V6 all use the same FPDM.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Another question. Where or how do I tap into power for the IC pump. Was thinking on trying to run power through a relay so it won't run without engine running. Think that's how the cobra is wired. But, just wondering what everybody else did. Thanks.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Another question. Where or how do I tap into power for the IC pump. Was thinking on trying to run power through a relay so it won't run without engine running. Think that's how the cobra is wired. But, just wondering what everybody else did. Thanks.

A lot of people wire it to a key on power so that way it only runs when the car is on. Personally I spliced into an always hot because I wanted to be able to leave my pump running whenever I wanted.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Cobra actually doesn't turn on untill a certain temp, I prefer it on with key in Run. I bought one of those fuse taps and a 5A fuse to trigger a relay.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Thanks guys. I'm either going to run it through a toggle switch or to an accessory hot. Not liking the toggle idea in the event I ever forget to turn off when I park car. Or forget to turn on, even worse.

If I ran to an accessory, I could turn key backwards when parked and allow pump to run. But it would always run when engine is running. And be off when key is off. That's probably the way I headed.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
My Vortech instructions say to use a fuse tap on fuse number 18 under the dash fuse box. So that's what I did on mine. It's switched power and works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread