Torco questions

nycarpenter

Established Member
I run a pretty conservative tune with 17lbs of boost on 93 octane. I would like to change pulley a few times a year and run 20lbs of boost. First off what do you think of torco and second my octane should be what? I run 17 degrees of timing on the 17lbs tune and may just swap pulley add torco and throw it on the dyno to data log and get air fuel from both sides. Has anyone had issues with torco?

nycarpenter

Established Member
I hear you but I only plan on running higher boost a few times a year. I went and purchased a six pack and will play with it for the summer. I was wondering if anyone had adverse issues while using Torco.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Torco contains MMT (Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl) which leaves behind a rusty color residue on your plugs, valves, pistons, exhaust etc...

It may work in a pinch, but the build up of residue over time can cause "Hot Spots" in your combustion chambers.

Personally I wouldn't run it.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Torco

Torco contains MMT (Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl) which leaves behind a rusty color residue on your plugs, valves, pistons, exhaust etc...

It may work in a pinch, but the build up of residue over time can cause "Hot Spots" in your combustion chambers.

Personally I wouldn't run it.

Thanks for your input! I see you run E85 but I do not want to go this route as it is a tough find by me and I do drive my car often. I may just fill 2 15 gallon tanks I have in the garage with race fuel and use it when I need it.

Users who are viewing this thread