Torco or Snow?

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I have a 2003 Cobra with 10.4:1 comp built engine from HPP with ported heads and Ford GT supercar cams and a 2.8L Kenne Bell pullied for 28psi.
I am getting it ready to go tune it on the new blower and I am debating on leaving the Snow Stg2 twin nozzle kit on it or just to put Torco in it mixed to the max ratio for 107 octane total.

E85 is not a option for me as it is too far to fill up and I am not buying $2,000 set of injectors .

Everything on the car is built for the combo, it is a limited street driven car built for the track mostly.
T-braked AUTO 4,000 stall built rear full drag suspension FORE system with twin 405's -10 feed -8 return 80lb inj Wilwood bakes Drag wheels manual steering etc etc.

sean r

Established Member
I have a torco tune. I think you can run more timing with a meth kit. I read a Torco mix wont really net 107 no matter how much you put in. The tuner got 3 more degrees running out of my car with torco over strait 93 oct.

rudycobra

Established Member
28 psi u need straight race fuel . And I'd think will b way to much boost for the street . Curious to see numbers though , I'm rebuilding mine now and will run the 2.8 again . I made 692 with 21-22 psi with race fuel and 671 with torco at same psi . I'm curious how u do with the cams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rudycobra

Established Member
Didn't see that it was more of track car till now but if it is y not run race fuel ? Usually can buy it at the track . 28 psi u will need great fuel . I rather better fuel than meth but jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TVS VERT

Established Member
i wouldnt run a meth kit unless i had a J&S Vampire Knock System.....the meth stops spraying or malfunctions not happy times......You could have some melted pistons on your hands

Quick Strike

Established Member
The octane is in the tank once Torco is added. That gives me peace of mind. I mix at a 104 octane level for the race tune (according to the blending chart), but do not run more then 25#s.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You got that kind of money in a built motor, running 28psi, and you think getting E85 at the Conroe Krogers is too far for you? This is a track only car?

Finish it off, invest in the injectors, and use E85. It is cheap insurance, maximum results

Users who are viewing this thread